Northern Agents......

Man, it was down into the 50's this past weekend... brrrrr
They are forcasting high in the 70s and low in the 50s for Friday here. The old saying "if you don't like the weather, wait a day and it will change" certainly applies to East Tennessee at this time of year.

its just about time to start up the yearly conversation about that bogus thing called the "wind chill factor". I took my dogs out at 7:30 this morning and it was 7 degrees outside with a wind chill of minus 10.

It actually felt quite balmy. In fact it was so nice I may consider going to work this week.

I know. But it's free and we do the tasting every year.:yes:

Not any more. The city got tired of a bunch of drunks stumbling from one still to the next. There is now a fee, $5 I believe, and a limit.

I lived in Sevierville for quite a few years. I know a lot of people still in the area, it was really ruining Gatlinburg. It always had more of a party atmosphere on the weekends due to having the only liquor stores and until recently the only place you could buy liquor by the drink in the county.

Not any more. The city got tired of a bunch of drunks stumbling from one still to the next. There is now a fee, $5 I believe, and a limit.

I lived in Sevierville for quite a few years. I know a lot of people still in the area, it was really ruining Gatlinburg. It always had more of a party atmosphere on the weekends due to having the only liquor stores and until recently the only place you could buy liquor by the drink in the county.

It was still free last Oct.:yes:

No liquor stores? You can not go into a bar and buy a drink?

I'm sure that's what he's saying. The closest big town to me just went wet in 1992.

The little town I live in just voted wet in Dec. Hasn't gone into effect yet. Right now you cannot buy a drink or go into a bar in this town.

It was still free last Oct.:yes:

Yep, changed since then. November as I recall.

It is basically flavored grain alcohol.

Only liquor stores in the county are in Gatlinburg. I believe, and I stress believe, that all municipalities now allow liquor by the drink, at least Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge and Sevierville. I don't know about the unincorporated county.

At one time, all you could buy was beer in Piegon Forge and Seiverville, then they allowed wine and finally liquor by the drink. Still no liquor stores. Tennessee recently allowed grocery stores to sell wine. It was referendum by municipalities or county. Not a clue if any passed it in Sevier County (where these towns are located).

I'm sure that's what he's saying. The closest big town to me just went wet in 1992.

The little town I live in just voted wet in Dec. Hasn't gone into effect yet. Right now you cannot buy a drink or go into a bar in this town.

That is all a foreign concept to us. Stores & bars can sell beer, wine and liquor here till 2AM 7 days a week.

Probably cuts down on the DUIs.

Lee

----------

Yep, changed since then. November as I recall.

It is basically flavored grain alcohol.

Only liquor stores in the county are in Gatlinburg. I believe, and I stress believe, that all municipalities now allow liquor by the drink, at least Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge and Sevierville. I don't know about the unincorporated county.

At one time, all you could buy was beer in Piegon Forge and Seiverville, then they allowed wine and finally liquor by the drink. Still no liquor stores. Tennessee recently allowed grocery stores to sell wine. It was referendum by municipalities or county. Not a clue if any passed it in Sevier County (where these towns are located).

When you say by the drink, does that mean you could buy a bottle in the bar or do bottle service?

Latest posts

Back