Numbers Game

I firmly believe the most important detail to selling FE is to know how to sell. That's why I spend no time figuring out ROI DPI STD and what ever other system people use to determine how much money they are going to make.

I like to think of the term "numbers game" when its 4 pm and I have had a bad day with leads that turn to **** and I just want to go home. That's when I tell myself that its a numbers game and I am due for a lay down.

Keep pluggin away!

That was 14 years ago. Very few referrals back then. Those were MP leads and to this day I say they were the best leads I ever worked.

And I didn't know anything about selling. Not just life insurance, anything. So I just did what I was taught. To the letter. That was the early days of NAA and they were all about production then. They started changing to recruiting over my second year and by 3 years I was gone as I wanted no part of that.

I didn't like some of the teachings about the presentation but I did it anyway. I got with the best producers and asked them how they did it. Especially appointment setting. Telling people no was the hardest thing I ever learned in this business.

As I learned my way I dropped the things that I didn't like and kept what I did. I still use some of my early teachings to this day.

I see the most failures from agents that just refuse to unlearn what they think they know and just follow the path.

Just speaking of FE now, this is not a career path that can be taught by someone that's never done it. There are some things, especially sports, that can be taught by a person that might not be able to excel at what they are teaching themselves.

FE is about the nuances of the market. If you want to be good at FE then get with someone that's good at it and copy them.

If that person is a piker then their advice will be, "it's a numbers game, buy more leads".

----------

Dude, you brought me into this. I didn't bring this up.

Hey! I didn't mean that as an insult. Just the opposite. You accomplished what few do.

I firmly believe the most important detail to selling FE is to know how to sell. That's why I spend no time figuring out ROI DPI STD and what ever other system people use to determine how much money they are going to make.

I like to think of the term "numbers game" when its 4 pm and I have had a bad day with leads that turn to **** and I just want to go home. That's when I tell myself that its a numbers game and I am due for a lay down.

Keep pluggin away!

Very good advice. So many say"today's just not my day" and go on home. I believe the motto that successful people do what others won't. In FE a big part of that is plugging away

That's why it's refreshing to work with a trainer like Travis Tubbs. You will never hear him an agent to just get more leads. In fact, I've heard him tell agents to stop burning through leads because their problem is not a lead problem.

Didn't Travis always say on the calls something like how many people ran 10 (or 12) appointments and didn't write 4k? Isn't he referencing the "numbers game"?
Leads are just one piece. Who's in charge of training new agents over there, him or you?

Interesting topic

I have never thought about the "numbers game" in the light that is being shed. I do look at it as a numbers game but I guess I always assume that everyone is like me. They will actually work and can close.

Where I see it as a numbers game is... I am confident that I can write x amount of premium working x amount of hours and I will profit x. If I want bigger numbers/profit I simply increase the hours or leads.

It's hard to understand how others minds work.

ya very true, especially that last sentence.

I'll agree that it is not just a numbers game, but it is also a knowledge game. However, it's not just a knowledge game either. Therefore, it's both not just one.

You can have all the knowledge in the world but if you don't do something with it, it is a waste. Even the most knowledgeable person can't sell all of them, therefore numbers come into play.

I have been told many times that "it's a numbers game", but I never once thought that it's numbers without knowledge. It never even entered my mind.

Didn't Travis always say on the calls something like how many people ran 10 (or 12) appointments and didn't write 4k? Isn't he referencing the "numbers game"?
Leads are just one piece. Who's in charge of training new agents over there, him or you?

ya very true, especially that last sentence.

No, Travis does not reference a numbers game.

Is this more of your known misquoting people or just ignorance?

And Travis is in charge of training at FEX. That's just for the record because you already know that answer.

You are just trolling again to start shat.

But when that's all you got, it's all you got.

No, Travis does not reference a numbers game.

Is this more of your known misquoting people or just ignorance?

And Travis is in charge of training at FEX. That's just for the record because you already know that answer.

You are just trolling again to start shat.

But when that's all you got, it's all you got.

Why so mad? Sure he probably doesn't call it that, but that example is exactly the concept people are trying to get across when they say "numbers game".

Back