Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Final Expense Forum

Reply to Numbers Game     
Old 08-29-2017, 11:46 PM   #21
Guru

State: KRobby is an Insurance Agent from Florida
KRobby is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Numbers Game Re: Numbers Game
Originally Posted by Todd King View Post
I'll agree that it is not just a numbers game, but it is also a knowledge game. However, it's not just a knowledge game either. Therefore, it's both not just one.

You can have all the knowledge in the world but if you don't do something with it, it is a waste. Even the most knowledgeable person can't sell all of them, therefore numbers come into play.

I have been told many times that "it's a numbers game", but I never once thought that it's numbers without knowledge. It never even entered my mind.
Exactly right. Like many things, it's not a matter of either/or.

Originally Posted by jdeasy View Post
I'm not mad. Why are you so insecure?
I'm not the one slinging around all kinds of insults.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Numbers Game
Old 08-30-2017, 06:32 AM   #22
Guru

State: jdeasy is an Insurance Agent from Kentucky
jdeasy is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by KRobby View Post
Exactly right. Like many things, it's not a matter of either/or.

I'm not the one slinging around all kinds of insults.
Yes you are. That's all you do here is make insults. You add nothing to the FE forum as you don't know about FE. You just hang around and make insults and misquote people.

Then there's obsession you have with me.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:01 AM   #23
Guru

State: NSRH is an Insurance Agent from Missouri
Originally Posted by Thedude View Post
It's a numbers game if you know what you are doing.

A losing numbers game if you don't.
Exactly.

I've seen poor managers in the past explain to struggling agents that "its a numbers game".

The numbers game excuse doesnt work when you are falling behind on your bills. The trick is to understand what "numbers" are profitable and never settle for anything less.

This usually means doing things that you might feel uncomfortable doing like door knocking, cold calling, or asking for referrals (yes some agents feel uncomfortable with that).

The only numbers that matter are: What did I spend on leads, what did I net in commissions.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
-Mark Twain
Old 08-30-2017, 08:12 AM   #24
Guru
rousemark on Numbers Game

State: rousemark is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
rousemark is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Numbers Game Re: Numbers Game rousemark is the thread starter for: Numbers Game

Originally Posted by NSRH View Post
Exactly.

I've seen poor managers in the past explain to struggling agents that "its a numbers game".

The numbers game excuse doesnt work when you are falling behind on your bills. The trick is to understand what "numbers" are profitable and never settle for anything less.

This usually means doing things that you might feel uncomfortable doing like door knocking, cold calling, or asking for referrals (yes some agents feel uncomfortable with that).

The only numbers that matter are: What did I spend on leads, what did I net in commissions.
Actually the only number that counts is what you net in commissions.. If you net enough, it doesn't matter what you spend..
Old 08-30-2017, 08:16 AM   #25
Guru

State: NSRH is an Insurance Agent from Missouri
Originally Posted by rousemark View Post
Actually the only number that counts is what you net in commissions.. If you net enough, it doesn't matter what you spend..
Great point, and I totally agree.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
-Mark Twain
Old 08-30-2017, 09:30 AM   #26
Guru

State: KRobby is an Insurance Agent from Florida
KRobby is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Here's a short, well done piece, entitled, "The Numbers Game" for those independent businessmen/women that may be interested in the topic. Enjoy.
-rob

You Tube

Old 08-31-2017, 06:40 PM   #27
Guru

State: nfl72 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
nfl72 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
I just listened to the talk and while I agree he makes some great points and he probably sells the **** out FE. But after listening for about ten minutes, it clarified one thing for me.

I am so glad I don't have to sit in rah rah meetings anymore. I don't get phone calls at night checking up on me wanting to know what I sold and then berating me when I told them what I did or did not sell.

I certainly don't miss those days but I suppose most of us have gone through them in the past. The only numbers that really mean much to me are at the end of a day and a half on the road what did I write.

I got home three hours ago. I left my home Wed morning around 9:30 with a huge hang over. I had 6 scheduled appointments on Wed and 4 on Thursday, today. I had three I never sat with.

I wrote the following apps

193, 176, 157, 86, 49, 45 and $32 per month. I happen to like those numbers.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:11 PM   #28
Guru

State: Baseball7 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Baseball7 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Some people need and desire a degree and external motivation.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:33 PM   #29
Guru

State: hockeyday is an Insurance Agent from Alabama
Originally Posted by nfl72 View Post
I just listened to the talk and while I agree he makes some great points and he probably sells the **** out FE. But after listening for about ten minutes, it clarified one thing for me.

I am so glad I don't have to sit in rah rah meetings anymore. I don't get phone calls at night checking up on me wanting to know what I sold and then berating me when I told them what I did or did not sell.

I certainly don't miss those days but I suppose most of us have gone through them in the past. The only numbers that really mean much to me are at the end of a day and a half on the road what did I write.

I got home three hours ago. I left my home Wed morning around 9:30 with a huge hang over. I had 6 scheduled appointments on Wed and 4 on Thursday, today. I had three I never sat with.

big #'s football, great week, the creek was good this week, you a Blue or green guy?
Old 08-31-2017, 07:40 PM   #30
Guru

State: jdeasy is an Insurance Agent from Kentucky
jdeasy is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by nfl72 View Post

And I see you are just about qualified for the KSKJ trip.
Reply to Numbers Game 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Final Expense Forum