Numbers Game

I'll agree that it is not just a numbers game, but it is also a knowledge game. However, it's not just a knowledge game either. Therefore, it's both not just one.

You can have all the knowledge in the world but if you don't do something with it, it is a waste. Even the most knowledgeable person can't sell all of them, therefore numbers come into play.

I have been told many times that "it's a numbers game", but I never once thought that it's numbers without knowledge. It never even entered my mind.

Exactly right. Like many things, it's not a matter of either/or.

I'm not mad. Why are you so insecure?

I'm not the one slinging around all kinds of insults.

Exactly right. Like many things, it's not a matter of either/or.

I'm not the one slinging around all kinds of insults.

Yes you are. That's all you do here is make insults. You add nothing to the FE forum as you don't know about FE. You just hang around and make insults and misquote people.

Then there's obsession you have with me.

It's a numbers game if you know what you are doing.

A losing numbers game if you don't.

Exactly.

I've seen poor managers in the past explain to struggling agents that "its a numbers game".

The numbers game excuse doesnt work when you are falling behind on your bills. The trick is to understand what "numbers" are profitable and never settle for anything less.

This usually means doing things that you might feel uncomfortable doing like door knocking, cold calling, or asking for referrals (yes some agents feel uncomfortable with that).

The only numbers that matter are: What did I spend on leads, what did I net in commissions.

Exactly.

I've seen poor managers in the past explain to struggling agents that "its a numbers game".

The numbers game excuse doesnt work when you are falling behind on your bills. The trick is to understand what "numbers" are profitable and never settle for anything less.

This usually means doing things that you might feel uncomfortable doing like door knocking, cold calling, or asking for referrals (yes some agents feel uncomfortable with that).

The only numbers that matter are: What did I spend on leads, what did I net in commissions.

Actually the only number that counts is what you net in commissions.. If you net enough, it doesn't matter what you spend.. :yes:

Here's a short, well done piece, entitled, "The Numbers Game" for those independent businessmen/women that may be interested in the topic. Enjoy.
-rob

Last edited by a moderator:
I just listened to the talk and while I agree he makes some great points and he probably sells the **** out FE. But after listening for about ten minutes, it clarified one thing for me.

I am so glad I don't have to sit in rah rah meetings anymore. I don't get phone calls at night checking up on me wanting to know what I sold and then berating me when I told them what I did or did not sell.

I certainly don't miss those days but I suppose most of us have gone through them in the past. The only numbers that really mean much to me are at the end of a day and a half on the road what did I write.

I got home three hours ago. I left my home Wed morning around 9:30 with a huge hang over. I had 6 scheduled appointments on Wed and 4 on Thursday, today. I had three I never sat with.

I wrote the following apps

193, 176, 157, 86, 49, 45 and $32 per month. I happen to like those numbers.

I just listened to the talk and while I agree he makes some great points and he probably sells the **** out FE. But after listening for about ten minutes, it clarified one thing for me.

I am so glad I don't have to sit in rah rah meetings anymore. I don't get phone calls at night checking up on me wanting to know what I sold and then berating me when I told them what I did or did not sell.

I certainly don't miss those days but I suppose most of us have gone through them in the past. The only numbers that really mean much to me are at the end of a day and a half on the road what did I write.

I got home three hours ago. I left my home Wed morning around 9:30 with a huge hang over. I had 6 scheduled appointments on Wed and 4 on Thursday, today. I had three I never sat with.

big #'s football, great week, the creek was good this week, you a Blue or green guy?

And I see you are just about qualified for the KSKJ trip. :yes:

Latest posts

Back