Numbers Game

I am a green guy. Have to me. My girlfriends father was the wrestling coach there for 31 years.

and yes I am looking forward to the KSKJ trip. looking forward to meeting you guys. I hope to meet a few next week in Alaska. Who all is going on the SNL cruise from FEX. I think I heard Newby is going. Any other FEX guys?

I think my up line is Travis with KSKJ. So does that make me a FEX guy?

I am a green guy. Have to me. My girlfriends father was the wrestling coach there for 31 years.

and yes I am looking forward to the KSKJ trip. looking forward to meeting you guys. I hope to meet a few next week in Alaska. Who all is going on the SNL cruise from FEX. I think I heard Newby is going. Any other FEX guys?

I think my up line is Travis with KSKJ. So does that make me a FEX guy?

There's 4 FEX agents going on the SNL trip. That's including Newby.

I just listened to the talk and while I agree he makes some great points and he probably sells the **** out FE. But after listening for about ten minutes, it clarified one thing for me.

I am so glad I don't have to sit in rah rah meetings anymore. I don't get phone calls at night checking up on me wanting to know what I sold and then berating me when I told them what I did or did not sell.

I certainly don't miss those days but I suppose most of us have gone through them in the past. The only numbers that really mean much to me are at the end of a day and a half on the road what did I write.

I got home three hours ago. I left my home Wed morning around 9:30 with a huge hang over. I had 6 scheduled appointments on Wed and 4 on Thursday, today. I had three I never sat with.

I wrote the following apps

193, 176, 157, 86, 49, 45 and $32 per month. I happen to like those numbers.

Thanks for the input. Couldn't help but hear on the very next vid that auto-played by efes, Bennie the Bull also said "this is a numbers game". As figured, fe isn't so overly complex that it's exclusive to such a standard and universal concept in sales. :1laugh:

We are talking apples and oranges here. Nobody will disagree that you should take enough leads to make enough presentations to hit your goal. Those are numbers.

Now there are some that go too far. Usually marketers. There is still a skill level factor involved.

That's where the disconnect is. Some marketers will spout a 25% close ratio without taking into account training and ability.

Let's face it. Some people can't sell. Some people CAN sell, but they can't sell Final Expense. So for a marketer to come along and say "just buy more leads" and "it's a number's game," is not taking into account these factors. And I believe this is what JD and others are railing against.

Man I don't track none of that. I just know that I want to buy X amount of leads a week so I can hit my weekly goal each week. I don't track door knocks, calls, presentations or anything. I just sell.

BUT, there was a point where I realized that if I increased my lead order (numbers) it would be a lot easier to hit my goal with less effort.

But some people are more technical and like to see the numbers. If you know you have a 20% closing ratio (after you have proven yourself as a producer) and you're increase your lead flow by 10 more leads a week, that should, on average, produce 2-3 more sales a week.

OR make the same amount of sales with less time and effort.

The number's game is not going to matter if your phone skills are bad, if your presentation stinks, or if you're spending too much time with the wrong people etc.

Again, this is why it's so important to get good training and support. When Andrew F is talking about numbers or Ben Boman is talking about numbers, that's totally different than some marketer that has never sold FE successfully talking about numbers.

We are talking apples and oranges here. Nobody will disagree that you should take enough leads to make enough presentations to hit your goal. Those are numbers.

Now there are some that go too far. Usually marketers. There is still a skill level factor involved.

That's where the disconnect is. Some marketers will spout a 25% close ratio without taking into account training and ability.

Let's face it. Some people can't sell. Some people CAN sell, but they can't sell Final Expense. So for a marketer to come along and say "just buy more leads" and "it's a number's game," is not taking into account these factors. And I believe this is what JD and others are railing against.

Man I don't track none of that. I just know that I want to buy X amount of leads a week so I can hit my weekly goal each week. I don't track door knocks, calls, presentations or anything. I just sell.

BUT, there was a point where I realized that if I increased my lead order (numbers) it would be a lot easier to hit my goal with less effort.

But some people are more technical and like to see the numbers. If you know you have a 20% closing ratio (after you have proven yourself as a producer) and you're increase your lead flow by 10 more leads a week, that should, on average, produce 2-3 more sales a week.

The number's game is not going to matter if your phone skills are bad, if your presentation stinks, or if you're spending too much time with the wrong people etc.

Again, this is why it's so important to get good training and support. When Andrew F is talking about numbers or Ben Boman is talking about numbers, that's totally different than some marketer that has never sold FE successfully talking about numbers.

^^That!!

But the people that don't understand what you said there will never understand what you said there.

They will just run around taking things out of context that stupidly believe jives with their thinking.

It doesn't really matter though as those people will never make it in FE anyway.

I believe that the majority of new guys coming into this business, or any other sales business for that matter, would be better served by spending their time learning how to sell.

If you can learn how to sell, the numbers tend to take care of themselves.

I spend more time with the yo yo, than I do crunching numbers!

Ben you going to Alaska?

:chatterbox:

I agree there's a disconnect, that was very evident from the first page! To imply 'the numbers game' is some quick fix solution pushed by marketers that doesn't have ones best interests in mind is very short sighted. All the greats teach it, big world out there.

I spend more time with the yo yo, than I do crunching numbers!

Ben you going to Alaska?

The only numbers you need to know is how many you threw back last night. :1laugh:

Saw MSU hoops lost one of their legends this week. :sad:

lots of number$ to get in before the season opener tonight. :cool:

Over the years I have found that many of my better days are produced while nursing a huge hang over.

I think they can actually sense that you don't care whether they buy it or not and they feel less pressured!

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it!

And ftr last night I only threw back 2 beers, ok wait; it might have been 22

Last edited:
Back