Nursing Home 67 Year Diabetic

SouthernComfort

Guru
100+ Post Club
female... client called me. I am not appointed with any guaranteed issue companies. Any suggestions or is this a lead anyone wants? GA agents. Also, alzheimer's.

jdeasy...thanks as I didn't know that...never came across that scenario but know I do. Thanks again.

Actually, they will write with dementia. Jdeasy is right as regardless of their health if they are in a nursing home at the time of application they can not be considered... they would have to be formally discharged. However, if they are not in a nursing home and have dementia they can be written as the insured and another relative (if available) as the owner (can't be both)... done this before, got it approved by underwriting and issued. Hope this helps...

Actually, they will write with dementia. Jdeasy is right as regardless of their health if they are in a nursing home at the time of application they can not be considered... they would have to be formally discharged. However, if they are not in a nursing home and have dementia they can be written as the insured and another relative (if available) as the owner (can't be both)... done this before, got it approved by underwriting and issued. Hope this helps...

Cory, while that's interesting, the agent guide and the carrier will tell you point blank no to write the business if they're in a nursing home or have dementia. That's what Presidential says. Give them a call.

Cory, while that's interesting, the agent guide and the carrier will tell you point blank no to write the business if they're in a nursing home or have dementia. That's what Presidential says. Give them a call.

With respect Josh I disagree (and that is interesting) because once again as I mentioned in my earlier post I have actually written a case with Dementia and I did indeed call Presidential yesterday to see if they're policy has change... spoke with underwriting. I spelled the circumstances out very clearly of which an agent could write someone with dementia i.e. dementia patient can not be in a nursing home, must be the insured and have an immediate relative be the owner. Please feel free to call them... I actually did call them yesterday and don't know what else to tell you.

Hope everyone has a productive day!

With respect Josh I disagree (and that is interesting) because once again as I mentioned in my earlier post I have actually written a case with Dementia and I did indeed call Presidential yesterday to see if they're policy has change... spoke with underwriting. I spelled the circumstances out very clearly of which an agent could write someone with dementia i.e. dementia patient can not be in a nursing home, must be the insured and have an immediate relative be the owner. Please feel free to call them... I actually did call them yesterday and don't know what else to tell you.

Hope everyone has a productive day!

The regional vice president that have me my GA contract is the one that told me.

JD, do you have a link to the agent guide?

Back