Ok. All Leads Are Created Equal; or Are They?

There's no question many of the people who respond to generic leads have life ins. I've always worked leads that say life ins. But upon working a few hundred "green" card e-64s I noticed many advantages . Almost every single lead remembered filling the card out. I'd say 75% had insurance vs 35-40% with "life ins" leads. And many people who had ins just took it out recently thus it was ripe for replacement .Another pleasant surprise is it had a $10-$60k income range which allowed me to work densely populated area with much higher quality incomes. The main benefit was I got a lot of leads near each other. The downside is many more people than the "life ins" lead didn't know why they filled it out. Thats were salesmanship comes in. All any lead does is get you in front of someone . You must sell it . Another downside is the backlash of "this card is deceiving ". I easily defuse that by pointing to the small writing at the bottom of the screen that says"this is not affiliated with any govt program". Another downside is I find fewer cards put their # down .

Joey - what's your thoughts on using a $5 Wal-Mart gift card lead?

Who, in your opinion, has the best DM and avatar lead programs? I'm not talking about cost. Filters can drive up the cost, but also the quality of the lead.

It's all about the "verbiage"

What card would you rather have?

A. "if you want to buy Life insurance, then fill out this card"

B. "fill out this card to see if you qualify for state regulated benefits"

Spurcity wrote around $500,000 in AP this year with the lead that we use through 360 Financial Group, and I did over $300,000 while working 8-9 field days per month.

My point is, use your own common sense and do some research, if you're actually doing something other than "stirring the pot'.

I know you said some guys killed it using the gift cards . How about testing it on $15-$60k or $25-$75k?If you do 0-$50k you'll get too many people looking for freebies. Personally I have no interest . Understand the e-64's I ran are higher income than the "life ins" lead thus the lead had a higher caliber of client . Also I door knock about 2 days a week so everyone remembered the "green card" . I'm not aware of any fixed cost life ins leads using green cards nor even mailing hard copy's to the agent ?I also liked being able to stay in populated areas close by and not drive 500 miles a day . I really believe if Agts ran appts 3 days a week and door knocked 2 many more would succeed . But most Agts don't like door knocking .

It's all about the "verbiage"

What card would you rather have?

A. "if you want to buy Life insurance, then fill out this card"

B. "fill out this card to see if you qualify for state regulated benefits"

Spurcity wrote around $500,000 in AP this year with the lead that we use through 360 Financial Group, and I did over $300,000 while working 8-9 field days per month.

My point is, use your own common sense and do some research, if you're actually doing something other than "stirring the pot'.

Thanks for the info. No, I'm not stirring the pot.

Look at income filters as how honest they are. .. the data is pulled from sources where they have listed their income. If they lie you will get leads from them. I have ran leads of 25k and up and had people that made the usual 800/month. Also ran 0-50k and come across millionaires.

^^^

This is exactly right. Unreported income skews everything.

I try to explain this to agents but some of them just don't get it.

There's no question many of the people who respond to generic leads have life ins. I've always worked leads that say life ins. But upon working a few hundred "green" card e-64s I noticed many advantages . Almost every single lead remembered filling the card out. I'd say 75% had insurance vs 35-40% with "life ins" leads. And many people who had ins just took it out recently thus it was ripe for replacement .Another pleasant surprise is it had a $10-$60k income range which allowed me to work densely populated area with much higher quality incomes. The main benefit was I got a lot of leads near each other. The downside is many more people than the "life ins" lead didn't know why they filled it out. Thats were salesmanship comes in. All any lead does is get you in front of someone . You must sell it . Another downside is the backlash of "this card is deceiving ". I easily defuse that by pointing to the small writing at the bottom of the screen that says"this is not affiliated with any govt program". Another downside is I find fewer cards put their # down .

Sir Herbie--- what is a Green Card e-64? Thank You

Sir Herbie--- what is a Green Card e-64? Thank You

That would be the E 64 direct mail piece in green card stock.

Almost everyone uses that card or some variation of it.

----------

The biggest difference is that it does not include the phrase "life insurance."

The best lead is the one that gets you in the house.

I'm definitely partial to DM leads and I'm not big on filters other than age, 50-85 if fine by me and income for the top, I prefer $40K top but I still get million dollar homes.

I also prefer the E64 type verbiage over a card that says life insurance on it.

The people are conning you when they attempt to claim they didn't know the card was about life insurance just because it's not on there. That's only true in the rare case of you getting the first card they have ever mailed in.

The last time they sent one in they found out it was about life insurance when they got called, DK'ed or met with an agent. They got rid of that agent,{s}, by claiming ignorance. If you buy the story then they will get rid of you too.

The reason I prefer it not to say life insurance is because many people with life insurance will throw away the card that does say it. They have coverage and think they are fine. While they may be, most will have some crap like Bankers, AARP, Globe, CUNA, etc. Those are the people I want to see.

I always prefer that the person I'm meeting with has life insurance now.

You are exactly right. Years ago we used to buy RL Polk directories. They had a very small section listing the highest annual income families in the city. One of my family members was listed there. He was a drywall hanger.

I doubt the lists have gotten much more accurate.

I've heard there's money in drywall.

Back