Ok. All Leads Are Created Equal; or Are They?

You don't need to buy leads or dial if you do it right. Websites, email campaigns, ect will get you more leads then you could ever want. Easier said than done though ! I completely understand the part where you don't like to stay inside all day, your day is probably way more exciting!

You are selling FE right????????????????????:err:

----------

Oh dear God! Another one who pries on new forum members posts.

I was not saying it is going to be easy at all. BUT I have had several HIGH TURN OVER sales jobs and have been #1 out of hundreds of sales people and the #1 sales manager when 99% don't make it 3 months- so no I won't feel naive. Excuse me for being confident.

Thats great, so you wont have any problem when 9 out of the 10 agents you "build" into your team quits....and at the same time leaves some roll up debt for you, right?

Just remember, pimping aint easy:D

I think you miss my point. It wasn't some sort of put down. From what you said it appears as though you may have hooked up with one of the organizations that want new agents to start recruiting when that's the very last thing they should be doing. I'm glad that you have a bunch of sales experience behind you, but I've seen many well trained sales people go broke in this business (especially the senior market) because it really wasn't a good fit or they started out the wrong way to begin with. I've also seen agents that never sold the first thing catch right on and do quite well. Please realize that we've been around long enough that we've heard the same story many times over. Sometimes we do jump to conclusions, but most times not. We know most of the tricks of many of the marketing companies. I for one, hope you become successful in a very short time. It's great to see it when it happens. On the flip side, it's sad to see an agent start out the wrong way and end up working the drive through.
I was just being optimistic. I know it's gonna be a very hard road. And no I have not joined a MLM or recruiting machine. And sorry if I was quick tempered, I've just seen some people on here be pretty rude to new folks
What he's pointing out is that recruiting before you are killing it yourself is a huge clue that you've fallen in with a cult. Agencies that give out low commission contracts can't get fools to sign up at low commissions. So they brain wash them with "You bring on 5-guys and then those guys all bring on 5-guys and ... And that way they can get 25 Patsy's to contract at less than 100% commission levels. Stick around and you will see it over and over. Then the down line Patsy's debt rolls up to the higher Patsy and his 10% over ride becomes a 100% chargeback and he'll be back here asking "can they really ruin my credit over this? It's not fair. " Not saying you fell for a bad deal. But the recruiting talk makes it look like you did.
I appreciate the advise. Gladly I didn't join a MLM. Just excited by seeing a lot of guys in the MDRT that sell from home.
You are selling FE right????????????????????:err: ---------- Thats great, so you wont have any problem when 9 out of the 10 agents you "build" into your team quits....and at the same time leaves some roll up debt for you, right? Just remember, pimping aint easy:D
I'm not specializing in FE....the problem I've seen in this and other sales industries is everyone wants to take short cuts with their new people. "The champions will make it on their own" mentality has given it a bad name. Ends up being a cattle shoot environment. Everyone and their mom has sold insurance before! It'll be very hard to find good people & time consuming to train properly, but it will be worth it in the end. And why would I worry about debt when I'll be a baller like you??? :P

Last edited:
I was just being optimistic. I know it's gonna be a very hard road. And no I have not joined a MLM or recruiting machine. And sorry if I was quick tempered, I've just seen some people on here be pretty rude to new folks I appreciate the advise. Gladly I didn't join a MLM. Just excited by seeing a lot of guys in the MDRT that sell from home.
I'm not specializing in FE....the problem I've seen in this and other sales industries is everyone wants to take short cuts with their new people. "The champions will make it on their own" mentality has given it a bad name. Ends up being a cattle shoot environment. Everyone and their mom has sold insurance before! It'll be very hard to find good people & time consuming to train properly, but it will be worth it in the end. And why would I worry about debt when I'll be a baller like you??? :P

Ok that was as good as a response as Ive ever seen to the hazing, Welcome!

You are selling FE right????????????????????:err:

----------

Thats great, so you wont have any problem when 9 out of the 10 agents you "build" into your team quits....and at the same time leaves some roll up debt for you, right?

Just remember, pimping aint easy:D

Pimpin' ain't easy. . lol

The best lead is the one that gets you in the house.

I'm definitely partial to DM leads and I'm not big on filters other than age, 50-85 if fine by me and income for the top, I prefer $40K top but I still get million dollar homes.

I also prefer the E64 type verbiage over a card that says life insurance on it.

The people are conning you when they attempt to claim they didn't know the card was about life insurance just because it's not on there. That's only true in the rare case of you getting the first card they have ever mailed in.

The last time they sent one in they found out it was about life insurance when they got called, DK'ed or met with an agent. They got rid of that agent,{s}, by claiming ignorance. If you buy the story then they will get rid of you too.

The reason I prefer it not to say life insurance is because many people with life insurance will throw away the card that does say it. They have coverage and think they are fine. While they may be, most will have some crap like Bankers, AARP, Globe, CUNA, etc. Those are the people I want to see.

I always prefer that the person I'm meeting with has life insurance now.

I've used the E64 lead in the past, and it got me in a lot of doors. I too like the leads that don't say life insurance for the same reasons you listed JD. If the lead vendor charges a price per lead, then I want it to say "life insurance", and have some moderate filters. However, If I'm mailing per thousand, then I want the plain vanilla mutual of obama lead with 0-60k income and age 50-85. I also like Avatar leads.

I think having a mix of different lead types can be good. I also think it's wise for an agent to have multiple lead sources, rather than depending 100% on only one source. Having a regular standing order from a reliable DM source (or sources) is a good thing. I do about 80% DM 20% Avatar normally.

LOL. Gotcha

Not to hijack my own thread, but does anyone here recommend any particular dialer? Cost is about the same with all of them, but one in particular that you like, or is effective, or has great capabilities.

Thanks!
The Manyfingers model seems to work fine:)

Back