Once You've Made It. What's the Next Level?

zonk117

Expert
Your writing 3-7k a week.

You know what cash value, RPU, extended term, 10 pay, 1035 exchange, single pay, etc...

You understand Medicare supplements and advantage is.

You have a couple agents under you that just came out of no where.

I feel as if I have comfortably made it in this Biz. My bank account isn't complaining either.

What would you guys focus on next?

Building a team?

Writing more Medicare?

When should your upline increase your commission levels? Do you ask for that?

How can I take things to the next level?

You know what cash value, RPU, extended term, 10 pay, 1035 exchange, single pay, etc...

I feel as if I have comfortably made it in this Biz. My bank account isn't complaining either.

Building a team?

Writing more Medicare?

What do you like? Do you like recruiting and training agents? Or do you prefer personally producing? Do you enjoy the Med Sup clientele or FE better?

What ever you gravitate toward (enjoy most) is the thing you will likely be the most successful at.

If you have more than $150,000 placed biz over the past 12-months you should be up for some bumps on some of them. Make sure you are at good starting levels to begin with first. FE commission grids are right on our website for most companies. If you are below those and putting up consistent production over the past year they some splaining to do.

When you say you "understand" all the basics what do you mean? Are you selling them? Or you just understand what those things are?

Building a team?

Writing more Medicare?

Continue to do what you are doing to keep the income coming in. Adding in Med Sups definitely doesn't hurt unless it takes too much time away from what you are currently doing and causes your income to drop.

Building a team can be rewarding if you have the personality for it. Problem with it is, are you willing to run appointments all day, then do recruiting calls, training, help with other stuff all hours of the night? That is what it will take to keep income where it is AND build a team. Then as the team gets bigger, you can slow down some in the field and focus more on the agents.

My first year of recruiting was CRAZY. I was literally on the phone most nights until after midnight and then had appointments to run the next day. And I was doing that for almost NO MONEY at the time. It takes a ton of agents to get to a good one. Then you don't really see money from that agent for a few months since you can't put them at 70% or anything. You will usually start building with a 5-10% over ride and using yours and your agencies production to get you raises.

It is not all Sunshine and Rainbows as you might think, but it can be rewarding if you are willing to put in the work.

One of my favorite sayings is, "you can't have a million dollar dream with a minimum wage work ethic" and I lived by that motto and worked really hard as most good IMO's on here did.

Looking back, I wouldn't change a thing, but I also probably wouldn't do it again if I had to start over ;)

How many leads are you buying every week? Judging by your production I'm guessing about 20-25.

I would say start buying 35-40 a week. Then you're producing 6k-14k. Do that for a year. Then post your 1099 on Craigslist and the agents will start flooding in. Kidding... but really. Running 40 leads a week will make you more money faster than building a team would. That's for sure.

Back