One Life America Final Expense

Re: One Life America, Final Expense

Thank you all for your feedback. They obviously never spoke of the quality of their leads (now I understand why). I am newly licensed in Orlando, FL and just trying to make a good, solid decision on who to work with. I have the start up money for leads, E&O, etc.

Any suggestions and / or advice is appreciated.

Thank you!

Congrats on the license and good luck.. I worked your area.. its a good one, especially orange county. If you go independent- drop me a PM, I can share with you what I've learned over the years

I did a brief stint with them in Atlanta. The guys I worked with were good folks for the most part.

They give you about 20 new leads and 40 aged leads a week. 50% contract. They were all direct mail response, not sure a 100% contract with you doing mailouts would be any better.

Travel was a bear, I was usually 1-2 hours from home, but you could spend 2 nights away from home, work 4 days a week and make 'decent' money if you are agressive. Not what I got in the business to do, and there are better ways to do this stuff (it was a grind in areas that are nothing like where I like to spend my time), but it was my first insurance gig and I learned a lot and made enough to pay the bills right out of the gate.

When I worked with these guys, several of the top "dogs" were writing 7-10K each and every week, the only way to hit those numbers is to have someone set up quality appointments for you. If you are working 60 leads no way you have enough time to call and get in touch with everyone.

I did a brief stint with them in Atlanta. The guys I worked with were good folks for the most part.

They give you about 20 new leads and 40 aged leads a week. 50% contract. They were all direct mail response, not sure a 100% contract with you doing mailouts would be any better.

Travel was a bear, I was usually 1-2 hours from home, but you could spend 2 nights away from home, work 4 days a week and make 'decent' money if you are agressive. Not what I got in the business to do, and there are better ways to do this stuff (it was a grind in areas that are nothing like where I like to spend my time), but it was my first insurance gig and I learned a lot and made enough to pay the bills right out of the gate.

Hello,

Is anyone familiar with One Life America? They specialize in Final Expense.

Yes. You can make money with these guys, but you have to be willing to hustle. They provide up to 20 fresh direct mail leads and about 30 b leads per week. You have to get on the phone and set appointments. Once you're doing well, they give you up to 40 fresh direct mail leads per week (that's enough to book 25 appointments).
They take a tri-state area and drop massive mail where their demographic is. You have to be willing to go to where the leads are to work them. The bottom line is...these guys provide good leads to the agents who are producing. That's all you can ask. The rest is up to you. They have many agents who do consistenly $5,000 AP per week @50% split.

Yes. You can make money with these guys, but you have to be willing to hustle. They provide up to 20 fresh direct mail leads and about 30 b leads per week. You have to get on the phone and set appointments. Once you're doing well, they give you up to 40 fresh direct mail leads per week (that's enough to book 25 appointments).
They take a tri-state area and drop massive mail where their demographic is. You have to be willing to go to where the leads are to work them. The bottom line is...these guys provide good leads to the agents who are producing. That's all you can ask. The rest is up to you. They have many agents who do consistenly $5,000 AP per week @50% split.

$5,000 AP per week with 50% split pays $2,500. Not great. Who pays the travel expenses? Who gets the renewals?

Any agent writing $5,000 with them can write $5,000 on his own and have $5,500 gross minus $1,500 in lead cost plus make an additional $3,000 in renewals.

Which seems better to you?

Oh, if they are Parker and Assoc., then they not only take over half the commissions they eventually try to figure out how to screw you out of the rest too? :err:

Back