Opinions on Columbian Life

Scotty1980

Super Genius
What is everyone's opinion on them? I was told their underwriting is pretty liberal and their rates are mediocre. But great renewals! Please give me your opinion on them. Thanks.

What is everyone's opinion on them? I was told their underwriting is pretty liberal and their rates are mediocre. But great renewals! Please give me your opinion on them. Thanks.

Their final expense product has been on the street for 11 yrs. When the product first hit the streets, they had some of the lowest rates. They have had several rate increases since then. Liberal underwriting. No treatment questions for heart attack or stokes for 1st day coverage. Final Expense Underwriting from age 25. Same app as older clients. Most companies i.e Trans, use Seperate app for younger clients. Rates are 5% higher than Trans. Easy to get business issued. Easy to make corrections, without amendments or revisiting clients. Their policy fee is non commissionable. Pacemaker implants over 2yrs 1st day coverage.

Don't know much about them other than they are not very competitive. I replace quite a few CL policies.

I don't know how it is in other parts of the country but in this area they attract the scoundel agents to write for them.

One guy that was terminated for cause by two other companies is working for them now.

Easy company to work with. On the FE they will take people confined to a wheelchair and those requiring assistance with ADLs for immediate benefit. Premiums about the same as Settlers Silver, sometimes lower with a bit easier underwriting.

Underwritten products are fairly competitive.

I don't know personally know any other agents using them but I have heard some complaints along the line of what JD said about a couple of them here in East TN.

Don't know much about them other than they are not very competitive. I replace quite a few CL policies.

I don't know how it is in other parts of the country but in this area they attract the scoundel agents to write for them.

One guy that was terminated for cause by two other companies is working for them now.

My experience as well. On multiple occasions I've had Columbian agents lie to clients.

My experience as well. On multiple occasions I've had Columbian agents lie to clients.

That would apply to some agents with any company. Columbian agents are independents. If they are lying about Columbian I would feel safe betting that they lie when writing for companies other than Columbian.

That would apply to some agents with any company. Columbian agents are independents. If they are lying about Columbian I would feel safe betting that they lie when writing for companies other than Columbian.

True. I suppose when they're pushing a product as non-competitive as Columbian, they have to lie in order to keep it on the books.

What's columbian life's final expense product called?im licensed with them for the GI and make
60% and 12% renewals. I bet I'm getting screwed. What's a good contract on there final expense product called?

Note sure is still the case but they also paid advance different as well. As i remember when you reached month 9 they advanced the remaining comp.

I replaced one about a year ago and the lady would only pay quarterly. She had just taken out the CL and had written a check for her first payment with CL.

Got her approved on the POS and she was writing a check for the first quarter for the new company and we got on the phone to CL to cancel and request a refund. They said they had never received a check and her plan was set on monthly bank draft and they hadn't drafted the first payment yet so there would be no refund.

We called the bank and the check had not gone through so she just stopped payment on it.

That guy is a "manager" with CL and I know he has agents under him and still works for them.

She had made the check to CL so he couldn't have cashed it. At least I don't think he could have.

Only thing I can think of is that they advance on approval and he was going to get his advance and then call the company and tell them to change her to quarterly and then send in the check.

I've run into problems with this guy harassing women clients that replace his policies. He leaves the men alone. That's his MO. A client of Newby's was to the point of calling the police about him harassing her.

Had another CL agent here DK a guy that I had an appointment with later that day. When the guy told him he already had an appointment with someone he told that he knew that but I was going to be able to make it and sent him instead. Sold him a $125/mo policy.

When I got there later the guy was telling me he already took care of it with my "partner". Once we cleared that up I wrote him the same coverage for $35/mo less.

That's the kind of CL agents I run into here. Then when I help people call the company to stop their drafts and get the cancellation started they ask if I'm an agent. If you tell them that you are an agent they hang up the phone after saying they will not speak to the client with an agent present. Damn fine operation there!

Back