Our Dumbest Customer Screw Ups

Cyborg7

Guru
100+ Post Club
In no specific order

1) they can't quite get the correct date on a phone screen. Please state your name, I agree and today's date.

Yes
I agree
Johnny Dumbass
January 16, 1946

Ummmmm

Sir

I think that's the year you were born

Plus it's the 17th

----------

Have you used insulin prior to the age of 9

Yes I'm on insulin

In no specific order

1) they can't quite get the correct date on a phone screen. Please state your name, I agree and today's date.

Yes
I agree
Johnny Dumbass
January 16, 1946

Ummmmm

Sir

Plus it's the 17th

----------

Yes I'm on insulin

Must be writing LBL....

I literally write out "I agree Mrs Prospect 1/17/17"

YES

NO

On the paper and point to as they go.

In the last few weeks I had two customers that got so nervous they screwed up their own signatures

I had to write a client with a different company because he lapsed a policy and couldn't pay 2 premiums. When he brought me his new bank info, he fell and almost hit his head on the coffee table. I asked him what would cause him to fall like that...had his health changed since the last time I'd seen him? He said no, he fell because he'd been drinking...this was at 10:30 in the morning.

I wrote him ACI and when I got the interviewer on the phone, I told her that the guy was hard to understand because he didn't have his teeth in(which was true).

When he was asked if he smoked, he said no. I then asked him what that was between his fingers and told the interviewer that he misunderstood, so she asked the question again. He got it right the 2nd time.

Almost got through the app when she asked him if he'd had an amputation caused by disease(he had no amputations)...he said yes. I again told the interviewer that he misunderstood and she asked the question again. This time he got it right.

She OK'd him.

This was the 3rd time I had written the guy and I told him he'd better keep it up, because I wouldn't be writing him again if it lapsed. He kept it 5 months before it lapsed. I never contacted him again. Typical FE type client. He was a serial responder. He responded several times to Thad's avatar calls.

In no specific order

Yes
I agree
Johnny Dumbass
January 16, 1946

Ummmmm

Sir

Plus it's the 17th

----------

Yes I'm on insulin

Mr Prospect, have you ever been diagnosed or treated for a heart condition, CHF, or AFIB?

Yes, I have high blood pressure

In no specific order

Yes
I agree
Johnny Dumbass
January 16, 1946

Ummmmm

Sir

Plus it's the 17th

----------

Yes I'm on insulin

Three for four years ago, I wrote up a guy who had an adult movie paused on the TV mid-stream in his Elvis memorabilia collection room.

It was pretty funny - I was sitting there talking with him, and his TV screen-saver went off or whatever... and... boom! There it was....!

He had a pretty firm handshake.

On two separate occasions, I wrote up almost-entirely deaf prospects by literally writing out my presentation to them while screaming it to them for added emphasis.

Not a dumb screw-up, but funny nonetheless.

On two separate occasions, I wrote up almost-entirely deaf prospects by literally writing out my presentation to them while screaming it to them for added emphasis.

Not a dumb screw-up, but funny nonetheless.

I have a friend of mine that works as a interpreter for the deaf. She was telling me once about how she was calling a bank for some woman. When the conversation didn't go the way the women wished she launched into a triad of "colorful phrases."

Being the translator she had no choice but to tell the banker exactly what he should do with his rules, his bank and his mother. All well maintaining a cool and professional demeanor. :D

Mr Prospect, have you ever been diagnosed or treated for a heart condition, CHF, or AFIB?

Yes, I have high blood pressure

spoke with a prospect who did same thing. Said her Dr. told her she had heart disease because she has HBP . She refused to answer NO to the questions, because she thought she'd be lying.

We even called into an Underwriter, explained, and UW said she would answer NO. Prospect still refused.

Back