Overcoming Objections "I Don't Do Anything Without my Daughter"

Agentguy5

Guru
1000 Post Club
Vero Beach
Ok, so I just did this video and I thought it would be cool to hear how you guys overcome this objection and then flip it into a sale!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that's actually a valid statement in some cultures if you ask me.

There are conditions and there objections. For some yes it really is a condition, for most it is just an objection, a smokescreen. The trick is learning to differentiate between the two.

Nice video!

Do you guys deal differently with this when you get this objection early in the meeting as opposed to the very end when you have given the prices ?

Do you prefer knowing this sooner or does it not matter to you ?

Nice video!

Do you guys deal differently with this when you get this objection early in the meeting as opposed to the very end when you have given the prices ?

Do you prefer knowing this sooner or does it not matter to you ?

If you get it early it could very well be a reason and you may need to get the daughter involved. Getting it late is an objection.

The longer you do this the more refined your ESPN gets.:biggrin:

I tell them that whoever they need to speak to will say they need to see whatever it it is being sold first, like any other product. And seeing that the prospect is the one that has already spent the time and seen everything, they are in the best position to make the decision. Not the daughter.:)

I tell them that whoever they need to speak to will say they need to see whatever it it is being sold first, like any other product. And seeing that the prospect is the one that has already spent the time and seen everything, they are in the best position to make the decision. Not the daughter.:)

It doesn't matter what you say to them if it's an objection. What I mean by that is, once you overcome that then they will move to something else.

And if they really involve someone in their decisions it doesn't matter what you say if that person is not there.

I'm talking about the long term picture. There's many little sayings and tricks that can get an app written. But getting an app written with sayings and tricks is not a sale that's going to hang around.

There are reasons and there are objections. As Vol said, you have to learn to know the difference.

It doesn't matter what you say to them if it's an objection. What I mean by that is, once you overcome that then they will move to something else.

And if they really involve someone in their decisions it doesn't matter what you say if that person is not there.

I'm talking about the long term picture. There's many little sayings and tricks that can get an app written. But getting an app written with sayings and tricks is not a sale that's going to hang around.

There are reasons and there are objections. As Vol said, you have to learn to know the difference.

For me, the biggest difference when this objection came up was in regards to finances.

Some seniors would tell me their son/daughter handled their finances and they could not do anything without talking to them.

I think the key as previously mentioned is to figure out ASAP if this is just a smoke screen or if they legitimately don't handle their checkbook (or just won't do anything without talking to their family).

If you get it early it could very well be a reason and you may need to get the daughter involved. Getting it late is an objection.

The longer you do this the more refined your ESPN gets.:biggrin:

Sometimes when they say they want the kid involved early, I've started to try and set up an appointment with the kid...then they say they can make their own decisions and end up buying now. I think some are testing us to see how easily they can get rid of us.

I've had a few over the years that wanted the kids there and the kids wanted them to buy...and they wouldn't.:laugh:

You're right, your ESPN does get better over time.:yes:

I hear you. At that point it's an uphill battle no matter how you slice it. Just another way for an agent to continue asking for the business if they choose.

Back