Oxford App Question

onefastpony

Guru
100+ Post Club
For those of you who have experience writing Oxford, I've just been combing over the app and I've got a few questions.

Now this is off of the FL app.

Question # 10

Within the past 24 months have you been:

a. medically diagnosed, treated or taken medication for: angina, chronic hepatitis, cystic fibrosis, Pulmonary Fibrosis, (COPD), chronic bronchitis,
emphysema, respiratory failure or required oxygen equipment to assist in breathing?

b. medically diagnosed as having, been treated for or hospitalized for: heart
attack, heart disease, heart or circulatory surgery (including pacemaker,
by-pass, heart valve replacement, angioplasty or stent implant), uncontrolled
high blood pressure or any procedure to improve circulation to the heart or brain?

c. medically diagnosed as having Hodgkin's Disease, cirrhosis, liver disease, or systemic lupus (SLE)?

d. medically diagnosed as having any neuromuscular disease (including cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, grand mal seizures, or Parkinson's disease)?

Now the question that I have is according to the wording of #10c and 10D as long as you've been diagnosed for any of these conditions over two years ago, regardless if you are taking medication you could honestly answer no.

Now question 10a & 10B expressly ask if you've taken medication or treatment for the listed conditions. But question 10c and 10d only ask if diagnosed within the two years. Could I truly get someone first day coverage for Parkinson's etc...if over two years since diagnosis? :biggrin:

About 2 years ago, I took a guy from $15k in ROP coverage paying $250 a month to $30k in first day coverage with Oxford at $219 a month, who had COPD diagnosed 6 years prior and didn't take any medications.

So to answer your question, yes.

About 2 years ago, I took a guy from $15k in ROP coverage paying $250 a month to $30k in first day coverage with Oxford at $219 a month, who had COPD diagnosed 6 years prior and didn't take any medications.

So to answer your question, yes.

That is good to know. However; if the person was let's say diagnosed over two years ago with Parkinson's yet they take medication for the Parkinson's and the app doesn't ask if they have been treated or taken medication for the Parkinson's within the past two years, only if they were diagnosed within the last two years. Would this hypothetical person be eligible for day one coverage if the app is taken at face value?:goofy:

That is good to know. However; if the person was let's say diagnosed over two years ago with Parkinson's yet they take medication for the Parkinson's and the app doesn't ask if they have been treated or taken medication for the Parkinson's within the past two years, only if they were diagnosed within the last two years. Would this hypothetical person be eligible for day one coverage if the app is taken at face value?:goofy:

Hypothetically, yeppers.

Not the answer you want to hear, but I would say they would be a decline on the initial interview and you'd have to 'escalate' it to Amanda. They would then put your PI back on the phone and grill them. Only to leave you in a lurch. Amanda would call you an hour or so later and talk through the case...knowing how you operate...I'd call Amanda tomorrow and get it from the horse's mouth.

Not the answer you want to hear, but I would say they would be a decline on the initial interview and you'd have to 'escalate' it to Amanda. They would then put your PI back on the phone and grill them. Only to leave you in a lurch. Amanda would call you an hour or so later and talk through the case...knowing how you operate...I'd call Amanda tomorrow and get it from the horse's mouth.

I had to escalate one Wednesday last week. Lady was on htn meds only but had been prescribed a med that is used both for restless leg syndrome as well as parkinsons, they declined because they saw that on the rx check, I said escalate this right now damnit to Amanda. The interviewer put me on hold for 5 mins, came back and asked the PI a few more questions, she had been prescribed the med 10 years ago but never filled it as she said "i did not have restless leg syndrome", then the interviewer said it was approved! They are not my go to and this is one reason why, they can be very wishy washy. Now the app shows as pending review on my portal, WTF, they said it was approved. I only use them to price bust and this is one reason why.

I will side with JD and say I dont see how any agent could use them as a go to company.

Back