Phone Sales Instead of Face to Face in Hot Weather

winchester49

Expert
I can't stand working face to face sales during hot weather. I start at 10:00am and by noon I'm a sweaty mess. You guys know what I'm talking about. These little old ladies set their A/C at 78 degrees if they turn it on at all. Would it be feasible to try FE phone sales for 4 months out of the year and then do face to face the other eight months? If so, who would be a good trainer in this area. Anyone with EFES?

I can't stand working face to face sales during hot weather. I start at 10:00am and by noon I'm a sweaty mess. You guys know what I'm talking about. These little old ladies set their A/C at 78 degrees if they turn it on at all. Would it be feasible to try FE phone sales for 4 months out of the year and then do face to face the other eight months? If so, who would be a good trainer in this area. Anyone with EFES?

Sounds like a great idea, but if it was more agents would be doing it.

Why only sell by phone during summer? If it worked for you do it all year.

Thank you for posting that video. I found it forceful and informative-and the comment about term life insurance and phone sales was an interesting consideration I have not thought of.

Last edited:
(do you have a video on how to deal with customer offered refreshments when doing f2f sales?)

I just saw you posted that your not an agent and had considered FE but would now shy away. I am curious how someone that's not an agent gets over 800 posts.

I am with EFES. You'll make way more money face to face. If the heat is a factor though, you might want to look elsewhere. We don't get to check out when it gets hot or hard. If it's Thursday evening and you're blank for the week because you took off Monday due to it being the 3rd, took off to celebrate the 4th of July and then had to take off Wednesday because your dog needed to go to the vet, you HAVE to be willing to work until 8 o'clock, work 12 hours Friday and go out Saturday.

If you have a weak work ethic, this business will chew you up!

I just saw you posted that your not an agent and had considered FE but would now shy away. I am curious how someone that's not an agent gets over 800 posts.

Perhaps by emulating a characteristic of a successful insurance agent, observed at a young age.

One day I was standing in the back of my father's business when a couple of guys in tan overcoats walked in the south door. They swept through the building, speaking to all employees, writing many a Combined Life Insurance policy and exited through the north door to find the next group of prospects.

I've just kept writing.

Back