Physical Threats

Mavrik

Guru
100+ Post Club
Have any of you ever felt physically threatened when running FE leads? Have you decided to carry a concealed weapon for protection?

I've been chased off and cursed out while prospecting but never felt as concerned as today. Two different situations got me thinking.

1st guy admitted to organic brain syndrome, 12 years in prison for armed robbery and a recent charge against him brought on by his ex wife for attempted murder after he beat her up. He was nice enough to me but also got into some weird stories about his history of getting violent for little to no reason.

The 2nd guy was a DM lead. I door knocked and heard the TV but no answer so I tried calling. No answer. 10 min later, he returned my call from caller ID. He seemed nice enough when I explained why I was calling and told me he was on his way home from work then invited me to come by in 30 min. When I pulled into the driveway, he ambushed me. While getting out of my car he pushed me back toward the car, started yelling that he didn't request any info. Then he ripped my stack of leads along with my sales binder out of my hands. I was caught a little off guard at first and fell because I was off balance getting out of the car. He was bigger than me but I was able to chase after him and get my sales materials back minus a couple lead cards. Then he went to his van and started coming after me as I was getting back into my car. I took off as he was threatening to kick my arse.

Weird day.

Have any of you ever felt physically threatened when running FE leads? Have you decided to carry a concealed weapon for protection?

I've been chased off and cursed out while prospecting but never felt as concerned as today. Two different situations got me thinking.

1st guy admitted to organic brain syndrome, 12 years in prison for armed robbery and a recent charge against him brought on by his ex wife for attempted murder after he beat her up. He was nice enough to me but also got into some weird stories about his history of getting violent for little to no reason.

The 2nd guy was a DM lead. I door knocked and heard the TV but no answer so I tried calling. No answer. 10 min later, he returned my call from caller ID. He seemed nice enough when I explained why I was calling and told me he was on his way home from work then invited me to come by in 30 min. When I pulled into the driveway, he ambushed me. While getting out of my car he pushed me back toward the car, started yelling that he didn't request any info. Then he ripped my stack of leads along with my sales binder out of my hands. I was caught a little off guard at first and fell because I was off balance getting out of the car. He was bigger than me but I was able to chase after him and get my sales materials back minus a couple lead cards. Then he went to his van and started coming after me as I was getting back into my car. I took off as he was threatening to kick my arse.

Weird day.

I had a daughter slap the leads out of my hand while standing in the doorway talking with the mom...almost called the cops on that one

Your second story I Def would have called the cops and got that vermin off the streets for a cool off period and some community service and a record...who know, might have been a 3rd strike

Used to carry in my car when working downtown atl, don't work there anymore

Weird day.

I typed out an answer, then I erased LOL. Ill say this, yes you should have a weapon at least within reaching distance in your car. I dont cc while working but I do cc any other time, Ive only got a bad feeling once, and it was after the sun went down and I was not in a good area. I dont work that late anymore if possible, but sometimes you have to :yes:

Sooo, what part of Kentucky do you work? :laugh:

But seriously, I was door knocking dental plans in an apartment complex once and had this big bearded guy open the door. I did my "who I am" bit and he just closed the door and never said a word. Sooo, I went next door. Another guy (whom had speech ability) opened the door back and started giving me crapola about door knocking and how illegal it is...blea...blea. I figured it best just to go down the road but (and this seems like the error on my part) I said to my self "AH" (figure it out) under my breath. They both come out and started to hit on my car. I backed out and tore out of there.

At this point I figured I'd get gas and head to somewhare else but I had to go back down the same street again. I drove by and one was out looking for me. Just then the Elem school was loading buses and there was one blocking the lane I kinda, sorta had to drive down. I was trapped like a rat.

As I was driving past the first guy he got on his cell to tell the oger guy where I was.

I thought I was a goner.

(not really, meant for dramatics)

I found a driveway and turned around and floored it back toward first guy. He was in my lane and wouldn't move. I can't really say what happened next but I'm glad I have a dark red car.

Ha...kidding. I floored it to the guy and at the last minute moved over to the next lane and kept going.

(drum roll)

The End :goofy:

The 1st guy was a marine and scared me cuz he was a lunatic and was bragging about all his fights in south Boston and demonstrating all his martial arts moves. I'm pretty reserved so just calmly worked my way out of the house before he did anything I would have had to respond to physically.

The 2nd guy was much bigger but also 15 years older so he completely surprised me by getting physical so soon after inviting me to the house. I prob shoulda called the cops. I sped off in the car and wasn't sure of my rights since I was on his property and had no real proof of his behavior.

The 1st guy was a marine and scared me cuz he was a lunatic and was bragging about all his fights in south Boston and demonstrating all his martial arts moves. I'm pretty reserved so just calmly worked my way out of the house before he did anything I would have had to respond to physically.

The 2nd guy was much bigger but also 15 years older so he completely surprised me by getting physical so soon after inviting me to the house. I prob shoulda called the cops. I sped off in the car and wasn't sure of my rights since I was on his property and had no real proof of his behavior.

If you're in Florida you can shoot people and make up the reason later. It's great. I'm about half way through with ummm....nevermind.

Proof of incoming call on your cell phone. He invited you to his property, assualted you and stole your property. Definitely worth a call to the cops.

Weird day.

I would've called the cops on the second guy.

Yes. I carry a full size .45 Kimber concealed.

I would've called the cops on the second guy.

Yes. I carry a full size .45 Kimber concealed.

OOOHHH no, not a 1911. OK Ill be a gun snob for a moment. Having a 1911 that works is just as likely as having a Glock that doesnt, BOOM!!!:D

Sorry Bro, you know that was funny, for the record, I own both lol:yes:

OOOHHH no, not a 1911. OK Ill be a gun snob for a moment. Having a 1911 that works is just as likely as having a Glock that doesnt, BOOM!!!:D

Sorry Bro, you know that was funny, for the record, I own both lol:yes:

I hate Glocks. No slide bite with my Kimber.

Yes the old 1911's were very loose and accustomed to malfunctioning. However you spend 1300 on a Kimber CDP and it fires when and where you want.

Back