Picked Up LifeShield National

Fraternals definitely sell certificates not policies. That has advantages and disadvantages.

Companies regularly use those terms in may way. I had an old MP client this call because she had lost her policy and needed a new one. We called F&G and asked for a duplicate. They wanted $25 for a duplicate but said they would send a certificate of insurance for free. That was satisfactory to the lady.

Is F&G fraternal now?

Besides the one I mentioned earlier I'm looking at my own policy from RNA and it says, "this certificate (policy) is a legal contract...."

I'm looking a Foresters contract too. I don't see policy on there yet.

Companies regularly use those terms in may way. I had an old MP client this call because she had lost her policy and needed a new one. We called F&G and asked for a duplicate. They wanted $25 for a duplicate but said they would send a certificate of insurance for free. That was satisfactory to the lady.

Is F&G fraternal now?

Besides the one I mentioned earlier I'm looking at my own policy from RNA and it says, "this certificate (policy) is a legal contract...."

I'm looking a Foresters contract too. I don't see policy on there yet.

Yep, a COI is just proof of insurance without being the actual policy. Happens all the time.

Why KSKJ has policy versus certificate on the contract is beyond me, but it is still a certificate because they are a fraternal.

Does Lifeshield now have marketing material for the client? Years ago they had none. Maybe they have more agents now and changed things.

Does Lifeshield now have marketing material for the client? Years ago they had none. Maybe they have more agents now and changed things.

It is amazing that a company doesn't have a brochure. The cheapest Plan F in Indiana is with Prosperity (S. USA) and they do not have a brochure either. I tossed them....

Back