Policy Delivery Poll

Do you deliver or mail policies?

• Total voters

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
I have always elected to personally deliver policies.. However, with the language many FE companies are adopting that the coverage does not begin until the policy is delivered, I am thinking of having the company mail the policies direct to the client.

Do you mail or deliver polices? Has anyone noticed any difference in persistency one way or another?

Try to deliever 90%
My state has awful delievery requirements that won't begin or cancel a policy without them.

I deliver as many as I can. My state, too, has delivery requirements.

Some policies I have to mail . But I make sure I do my best to contact the client and let them k ow each step , just as I would any other client .

I find, many times on delivery, I write or have a reason to follow up and wrote another policy.

Just recently , I delivered a client a policy. I always do a final review of all policies just to double check(especially if replacing , then I call the company after all forms are in while with the client) . When she pulled out her other policies , she had pulled out an ADDITIONAL AIL policy . I explained how I used to work there ... And the policy was shortly replaced . .. An additional policy just for delivery . Happens every now and again.

Also, just today , I delivered a policy . Found out , her husband thought he had a Whole Life - turned out it was a UL that he had borrowed 3k from 3 years ago. (With State Farm ) their agent , told them it was a permanent whole life policy - there was also a term rider on that policy for the spouse . It expires at 75 Their agent , again, told them It was a permanent whole life policy .

I will be replacing his UL when we follow up and get some illustrations .

I find that delivering policies adds a whole level of trust that sometimes dose not always come out right away . I have had many other occasions where I am truly able to help out a family or client who is in need .

We don't have delivery requirements in TX, but I can't imagine having the time with the area I currently cover. I'd rather be out selling than giving clients additional opportunity to change their minds.

Someone really needs to quantify
New Biz/Biz Saved on Delievery
Vs
Biz Lost in Delievery and would that have stuck anyway

I have always elected to personally deliver policies.. However, with the language many FE companies are adopting that the coverage does not begin until the policy is delivered, I am thinking of having the company mail the policies direct to the client.

Do you mail or deliver polices? Has anyone noticed any difference in persistency one way or another?

Also, the "Free Look" provision doesn't start until the policy's delivered.

I've always delivered 98.3% of my policies, though I'm starting to mail more of them to those who've been with me a long time.

There are several good reasons to deliver the policy. It helps to build a relationship/cement the deal, gives you an extra shot in case they're having 2nd thoughts, gives you an opportunity to cross sell and get referrals.

That's a good point about the coverage not starting until delivery.

I just see no way most high producing agents can deliver policy's. Lets say you sell 5-10 policys a week. Many fe people are impossible to get hold of to even deliver a policy too. On nsf's I rarely can get clients to answer calling 6-8 times much less deliver a policy. As spring bok says fe people are so fickle that if you recontact them they might think about it and cancel.

If I work a full time 4.5 day week knocking/selling. I can typically devote 1/2 to 1 day for Delievery and maintain my weekly new biz goal.

I went back to delivering policies 4 years ago and stayed with it. I deliver them all except for maybe a handful a year.

I get a lot of additional business at delivery. I just had one a few days ago where I delivered and they had a friend there that needed life ins. I wrote him a $73/mo and then he told me he also wanted coverage on his 2 daughters and his 2 grandchildren. I told him we would take care of that when I deliver his policy.

I don't track that stuff but it sure seems to be worth it to me.

BUT, if a person is delivering to "cement the sale", as I've heard some say, I would think they need to take a hard look at their presentation and what's going wrong that it needs cementing at delivery.

Back