Pre-Need Cancelling

Baseball7

Guru
1000 Post Club
Hey all!

I'm trying to get a lady out of a awful preneed but the facility stated its a "irrevocable contract" any experience with these?

Hey all!

I'm trying to get a lady out of a awful preneed but the facility stated its a "irrevocable contract" any experience with these?

Yes, and they are right. It's irrevocable if it's out of the free look period. Only thing they can do is stop paying and the forfeiture option is RPU.

There won't be a refund.

The lady was willing to accept that it was lost money but doesn't want to continue to pay them and it seems they are unwilling to stop the payments.

The lady was willing to accept that it was lost money but doesn't want to continue to pay them and it seems they are unwilling to stop the payments.

They can't make her keep paying.

Just tell them to stop the draft. If they won't then stop it at the bank.

Hey all!

They can't make her keep paying on it. It's just the same as the policies you sell. All the irrevocable funeral TrustGuard changes is that she can't receive cash value or borrow against the policy. She can go RPU anytime she eants to.

If they give her any problem and if she's in a state that does not require the irrevocable assignment she could file a complaint against them unless she's on Medicaid.

There is no absolutely no reason and no advantage to her to have the irrevocable assignment on that trust unless she is on Medicaid. Some states do require it though such as Indiana. But is definitely not good for the consumers.

Last edited:
Back