Proof of Production for Contract Levels

Just received an e-mail from Northstar Insurance Advisors. Never heard of them. They provide leads, but it seems their cut is excessive. Says you make from $250 to $300 per policy. My average premium is around $700 and my average FYC is 120% so that means I make $840 per policy. I don't think their guidance is worth $500+ per policy. They would be making more than I did.

They title of the e-mail states that you could earn $100,000+ a year. You would have to sell 400 policies to make that. If I sold 400 polices a year I would make $336,000. How many agents sell 400 policies a year? Not me and I would guess very few.

Hi Billy,

You would have only received that email if you went to our website and input your contact info to learn more about telesales. So either you put your email in there by accident, or someone put it in for you. We dont spam people.

Although your numbers are a little off, its important to remember that this is telesales, and NorthStar agents dont pay for leads.

The e-mail was sent by Grace Wait. I have not visited any sites online lately, but may have at some time in the past. I only used info that is included in the text of the message so I am not sure how my numbers can be off. It states the "Average Joe", which is what I consider myself, will sell 8 policies a week. So the average agent can make at most $2400 with you. I buy 15 leads a week for $450 and sell 3 to 4 policies and make the same as your average agent. If I would have sold 8 policies I would have made around $6700. You giving me leads is not worth the $4300 difference.

The e-mail was sent by Grace Wait. I have not visited any sites online lately, but may have at some time in the past. I only used info that is included in the text of the message so I am not sure how my numbers can be off. It states the "Average Joe", which is what I consider myself, will sell 8 policies a week. So the average agent can make at most $2400 with you. I buy 15 leads a week for $450 and sell 3 to 4 policies and make the same as your average agent. If I would have sold 8 policies I would have made around $6700. You giving me leads is not worth the $4300 difference.

Your numbers are still off, but it doesnt matter. I think the better alternative for you would be to do what you outlined above and make $348,400 per year.

I am 60 years old and have been doing this for 40 years. I don't want to work 5 days a week. My body would object to that much activity although it doesn't seem to mind if I choose to fish or hunt on my days off. Snatched 60 mullet Saturday and my shoulders are still sore.

I am 60 years old and have been doing this for 40 years. I don't want to work 5 days a week. My body would object to that much activity although it doesn't seem to mind if I choose to fish or hunt on my days off. Snatched 60 mullet Saturday and my shoulders are still sore.

Ah, makes sense!!

I turned 59 on 7/9 and I feel like I'm 99. Maybe I should drink Red Bull for breakfast. I'd probably feel better but die quicker from the sugar and caffeine.

Hi Billy,
After 40 years, have any good hints or tips of how to enjoy doing this job for a long period of time?

Back