Prospecting/Hitting Doors:People that Say to You "can You Come Back" or "when Are You Going to Be Ba

noah

Guru
1000 Post Club
Unfortunately we all here this from time to time,some more than others,and when we do, we know 9 out of 10 times we are getting blown off,they don't want anything. About the only exception I make is if someone has to go to work or is on their way to church.
Most of the time I tell folks I can't come back,I'm always moving forward,not back wards,but I will make certain exceptions and tell them not to waste my time,gas,money,unless they are serious about doing business when I return.

What are some good come backs,responses when we hear this ?

Re: Prospecting/Hitting Doors:People that Say to You "can You Come Back" or "when Are You Going to Be Back in the Area"

I will probably say something like, "actually i was just on my way to another appointment...what days are best for you" I think I got this from one of the Don Runge lead guru videos.

Re: Prospecting/Hitting Doors:People that Say to You "can You Come Back" or "when Are You Going to Be Back in the Area"

Unfortunately we all here this from time to time,some more than others,and when we do, we know 9 out of 10 times we are getting blown off,they don't want anything. About the only exception I make is if someone has to go to work or is on their way to church.
Most of the time I tell folks I can't come back,I'm always moving forward,not back wards,but I will make certain exceptions and tell them not to waste my time,gas,money,unless they are serious about doing business when I return.

The moment you leave the house the chances of ever getting in front of them again goes down drastically.

I tell the client "Mr Jones, it only takes me 10 minutes but since I am already here and I don't want to have to come back, I will give you the short version "

I then start directing my body language and motion towards the inside of the house and will start moving towards the inside of the house.

What are some good come backs,responses when we hear this ?[/QUOT

Here's my card. Call me when you have time to talk and I will schedule something for you. Goodbye.

All the responses have assumed you are calling on leads. If you are that is fine. But if you are cold calling/canvasing, then you should be willing to set an appointment. After all, the initial call is the equivalent to their receiving a DM piece.

Last edited:
Sorry to say Jd but the advise you're giving doesn't apply to 95% of agents . New agents who have low cash flow and must work leads to the bone and have to do things seasoned agents don't. I tell people "I drove 100 miles just to see you,5 minutes of your time is all I'm asking for". I then move forward crowding them and most back away and let me in. I've been door knocking 15 doors a day 5 days a week the last 6 weeks and about 6 -8 people will answer the door and I'm selling 3-4 policies a day.My leads are 3-4 months old as I did a huge drop near yr end (i miscalculated). They're way to old to call. It's funny tons of people mention "I didn't think agents came to homes anymore".But I have to say it's grueling work .

Move on - buy more leads

That's another way. Buy 50 leads a week and have 20-25 sits and sell 10-13 and do $6k a week of ap.

Latest posts

Back