Put Money in my Pocket or Leave Money in Theirs

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I had an appointment today with an 81 year old man who was in excellent health. He was cutting brush out of his fence row with an ax when I got there. I would last about 5 minutes doing that.

I have had a good week and I was wondering what some of you would do. Transamerica is the only carrier I know that does not have a commission decrease at older ages, but in this case they were about $12 more a month than SNL. Would you sell them or SNL and take a cut in commissions? I sold SNL.

You made the right move, although there are few others that don't cut commission...I would've done the same thing. 1 or 2 bucks no big deal, but that's real money.

I had an appointment today with an 81 year old man who was in excellent health. He was cutting brush out of his fence row with an ax when I got there. I would last about 5 minutes doing that.

I have had a good week and I was wondering what some of you would do. Transamerica is the only carrier I know that does not have a commission decrease at older ages, but in this case they were about $12 more a month than SNL. Would you sell them or SNL and take a cut in commissions? I sold SNL.

I think you treated him like he was your own dad and that's awesome.:yes:

Really doesn't matter what others would do. The thing that counts is that you did what you thought best. :yes:

Who besides Transamerica does not cut commissions? I sure could have used the money. When I first quoted him he said he was 79. Then while completing the app he said his date of birth was April 1935. I told him he was 81. He said no so I looked at his DL and it said it was 1935. He called his wife outside and she thought he was 79 too. I guess neither of them were to good at math.

Who besides Transamerica does not cut commissions? I sure could have used the money. When I first quoted him he said he was 79. Then while completing the app he said his date of birth was April 1935. I told him he was 81. He said no so I looked at his DL and it said it was 1935. He called his wife outside and she thought he was 79 too. I guess neither of them were to good at math.

United Heritage for one

Transamerica is the only carrier I know that does not have a commission decrease at older ages, but in this case they were about $12 more a month than SNL. Would you sell them or SNL and take a cut in commissions? I sold SNL.

Yep, it's better to take a pay cut than to be replaced!:yes:

Good job Billy, you did it the right way.:yes:

Neither could remember their correct age? Most people 65+ I speak to are very certain about their age and they will tell you so.

You did the right thing but keep your fingers crossed this gets thru UW. Good luck.

Back