Question About Assurity

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I have had a couple of cases this week who have sleep apnea. 1 man is a nonsmoker and has COPD. Assurity is much less on him than Transamerica, $120 compared to $165. On one case I was told to answer the question no. I called on the second case and was told if you you use a CPAP it was graded. I can't believe everyone who has sleep apnea is graded if you have used it for years. Everyone I know that has had a sleep study done has been diagnosed with sleep apnea so a large portion of the population usues a CPAP. You think I need to call again and get clarification?

Sleep apnea with CPAP is graded at Assurity. Don't ask me why when they will take COPD. One of those Assurity quirks.

The last time I called I was told that if a person uses a CPAP for sleep apnea then that is considered treatment. No oxygen use.

Just don't make sense when they are very aggressive on many other impairments and won't take sleep apnea level.

The last time I called I was told that if a person uses a CPAP for sleep apnea then that is considered treatment. No oxygen use.

Just don't make sense when they are very aggressive on many other impairments and won't take sleep apnea level.

Precisely why I quit using them. They are too darn hard to do business with. The funny thing is that they have accepted most everything I have submitted but usually make it a hassle.

Something as simple as changing a bank account with them is a headache. They won't do it over the phone like eery other carrier. They require a wet signature.

That is Assurity. Some stuff they are perfectly fine with, others very tough. Only one year on a heart attack if no surgery, but sleep apnea is graded, any complications of diabetes is a decline.

I will say this, they are aggressive about paying claims, in a good way. They may run these people through the wringer on the front end, but they pay on the back end.

Back