Question About Great Western

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I haven wrote an application with GW in a year so I am not up to date with their guidelines. Will they issue someone with COPD and is prescribed Albuterol an immediate death benefit?

While the application appears to indicate you can, if you do, it will be rated up, and Great Western will provide an explanation letter explaining COPD is always Guaranteed Issue, in addition to chronic conditions like high blood pressure.

While the application appears to indicate you can, if you do, it will be rated up, and Great Western will provide an explanation letter explaining COPD is always Guaranteed Issue, in addition to chronic conditions like high blood pressure.

That was the problem with using GW for anything other than GI. That full benefit app is so vague it can mean anything a person wants it to at any given time. Wouldn't want to risk what they would interpret it to mean during the contestable period. :no:

That was the problem with using GW for anything other than GI. That full benefit app is so vague it can mean anything a person wants it to at any given time. Wouldn't want to risk what they would interpret it to mean during the contestable period. :no:

Correct.

Great Western is great for guaranteed issue.

That's what I write primarily for GI cases, chiefly for the chargeback protection from early death (no chargebacks after 9 months).

I had an agent who had a near $2000 chargeback on a Gerber case that croaked 20 months in.

That hurts.

Dave, can you post side-by-side the chargeback rule on Great western versus Gerber I think most of us are not familiar with it.

Great western chargeback for lapses is only 3 months and for death is 9 months which is the best in the business. Gerber no lapse chargeback which is nice and 50% 1st yr and 100% 2nd yr for death. Great western premiums are 40% more than Gerber's.

Great western chargeback for lapses is only 3 months and for death is 9 months which is the best in the business. Gerber no lapse chargeback which is nice and 50% 1st yr and 100% 2nd yr for death. Great western premiums are 40% more than Gerber's.

Actually KSKJ modified is the best in the business on chargebacks. Only charged back any unearned premiums. And it's a true graded and priced about like MoO's GI.

It's not GI though.

Back