Question About Tobacco Use

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I have a 64 year old male that lives in FL who is a long distance truck driver. He keeps a cigar in the corner of his mouth almost all of the time. He does not light, says it is only there for the taste. I am looking for a no-tobacco rate. I know about Americo, but want another option. Made several calls with no luck.

American amicable and sentinel security life will both give this guy non tobacco rates.

AmAm says "occasional" and they won't define occasional.

It wouldn't be an issue if he lives 2 years. But if he died in the contestable period they find a way to not pay.

----------

I have a 64 year old male that lives in FL who is a long distance truck driver. He keeps a cigar in the corner of his mouth almost all of the time. He does not light, says it is only there for the taste. I am looking for a no-tobacco rate. I know about Americo, but want another option. Made several calls with no luck.

If he says no to the question then it's no. It would seem he is a chewer but I would ask him the question.

If he doesn't smoke it I fail to see the question. If I like to carry around insulin as fashion statement does that make me a diabetic? Be safe at write it with Americo.

I second checking with AmAm. One of the most well run insurance companies in America. Call their underwriting dept, and you'll get the same answer no matter who answers.

I called Sentinel Security and they said he would be considered no-tobacco so I am going to write the application with them. They also have the lowest price.

----------

Americo made me mad because I submitted an application to them and they offered ROP because the man had a MIB years ago. He was declined by MOO on a fully underitten application because he was an undiagnosed diabetic. Since the condition is controlled. Americo said the product is not priced that allows them to develop a risk in his case.

Back