Realistic Numbers for New Agents

springbokhouston

Guru
100+ Post Club
I started using this forum about a year ago when I decided to start looking into the FE business and I've seen a lot said about what goals a new agent should be hitting to be successful. Let's have an updated chat about what kind of conversion numbers a new agent should set as a near term goal to be a survivor in this business.

How many leads do you feel that a new agent will need in order to succeed? What percentage of those leads need to turn into applications?
What average AP do you guys like to see, $650, $750?
What should your persistency goals be for the first year?

I would like to see more talk about ways to make the new/prospective FE agent more successful. I plan on writing a detailed post on my first 12 months in this business, including the 2 months leading up to getting my license as well as my thoughts on numbers, goals etc. which will hopefully help others.

Please guys and girls, let's keep it clean and informative.

Mandatory: 20 Direct Mail Leads minimum weekly
Optional: Mix in telemarketing leads as needed

Number of appts off of 20 DM leads: 10 to 12
Number of apps from appts: 4 to 5
Average ap per app sold: $600

Minimum persistency goals first 12 months: 85% - will increase but I think new agents will get hit around month 6 or 7 with increased lapses their first year until they gain experience how to solidify the sale.

Thats all I got :)

Mandatory: 20 Direct Mail Leads minimum weekly
Optional: Mix in telemarketing leads as needed

Number of appts off of 20 DM leads: 10 to 12
Number of apps from appts: 4 to 5
Average ap per app sold: $600

Minimum persistency goals first 12 months: 85% - will increase but I think new agents will get hit around month 6 or 7 with increased lapses their first year until they gain experience how to solidify the sale.

Thats all I got :)

I agree with this!

That's good stuff. How long should the average agent take to scale up to those numbers, or are you assuming that they need to be hitting those kinds of targets out the gate?

My projections for brand new agents are somewhat lower. I'm thinking that there's still a path to success selling as little as 15% of your leads or $100/lead purchased. Obviously most agents will grow with experience to the 20% plus range.

That being said you would need to start with more leads to get in the $3000 a month profit range for the first year, something in the 30 per week area. Income would almost double from month 13 onwards. I am factoring in the persistency, an appointment setter and an average comp of 100%.

With more conservative numbers I would also factor in the ability to put 10k into the business and not draw a salary during the first couple months in order to minimize losses.

Hi guys.......haven't posted in awhile. I have been out of the field for 4 months due to a health situation and just started back this week. I have until mid December to write as much business as I can because right after Christmas I will be out of the field again because I have to have a hip replacement. I'm sitting on approximately 300 dm aged leads that are between 6 months and 2 years old. I think door knocking might be my best bet of getting in the door because of the age of these leads but I would like to get your feedback as to how you would work them. I see from this thread that notes are put on the doors if no one is home and I was wondering if you guys could enlighten me as to what I should put on the note and are you leaving a business card or just a post it note or something else. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I started using this forum about a year ago when I decided to start looking into the FE business and I've seen a lot said about what goals a new agent should be hitting to be successful. Let's have an updated chat about what kind of conversion numbers a new agent should set as a near term goal to be a survivor in this business.

How many leads do you feel that a new agent will need in order to succeed? What percentage of those leads need to turn into applications?
What average AP do you guys like to see, $650, $750?
What should your persistency goals be for the first year?

I would like to see more talk about ways to make the new/prospective FE agent more successful. I plan on writing a detailed post on my first 12 months in this business, including the 2 months leading up to getting my license as well as my thoughts on numbers, goals etc. which will hopefully help others.

Please guys and girls, let's keep it clean and informative.

I would say a new agent should not getting more than 20 leads a week. Any more than that and they will be covered up in debt in no time.

They also need to be with a proven FE IMO and not some pretender or someone that's as new to the business as they are.

Then follow the instructions to the letter. A new agent writing $2000-2500 a week is excellent on 20 leads.

It will be months before they know if they need to make changes. Just plug along learn one company at a time and stay the course.

It's pretty evident to the trained eye which agents will make it long term. And it's evident very early on. The key is having someone with that trained eye as the upline so they can be brutally honest with the agent.

I've heard Travis tell many an agent, "I'm not going to tell you what you want to hear, I'm going to tell you what you need to hear".

A sunshine pumper as an upline will do a new agent no favors.

Hi guys.......haven't posted in awhile. I have been out of the field for 4 months due to a health situation and just started back this week. I have until mid December to write as much business as I can because right after Christmas I will be out of the field again because I have to have a hip replacement. I'm sitting on approximately 300 dm aged leads that are between 6 months and 2 years old. I think door knocking might be my best bet of getting in the door because of the age of these leads but I would like to get your feedback as to how you would work them. I see from this thread that notes are put on the doors if no one is home and I was wondering if you guys could enlighten me as to what I should put on the note and are you leaving a business card or just a post it note or something else. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My man....stop spamming all the threads with this question....start a new post.

I'll tell you how not to do it... come into the business fresh as can be and get 4 zip codes worth of leads ordered all at once completely unforecasted (because getting getting 20-30 cards per week "doesn't work") and receive back over 500 cards @ $26/pop. Then not write nearly enough to cover it all, start getting smashed by charge backs, all the while getting completely inconsistent returns with weeks without leads sprinkled in here and there.

Back