Reason DM and TM Leads May Have Such Low Returns

I have received 2 final expense mailers in the last week. I also get called daily almost from 2 different life telemarketers.(They get blasted by my fax machine each time) I am 53 years old and my wife and I make $100,000+ and live on a golf course. No way are they using financial demographics like they say.They might as well roll the windows down on the van on the way to mail our lead cards at the PO. Might get a better response if they just scatter them on the rural highways and let people pick them up. :D

Sorry about that Thad. The question is:

Why would I be on a mailing list of final expense? If the agent asked the mail house for anyone over 5o, then I guess that demographic was met. I have never seen anyone call or mail anyone with income over $100,00 for final expense. Maybe the reason we get the typical 1% response on DM is because they are mailing houses that dont meet the requested demographics. I actually heard of a mail house in my state that was actually dumping mailers in the dumpster after collecting the printing and mailing charges upfront. They got busted after a few years by a guy who got suspicious on his lack of results. Anybody think mailers dont get mailed to the demos we select sometimes?

Sorry about that Thad. The question is:

Why would I be on a mailing list of final expense? If the agent asked the mail house for anyone over 5o, then I guess that demographic was met. I have never seen anyone call or mail anyone with income over $100,00 for final expense. Maybe the reason we get the typical 1% response on DM is because they are mailing houses that dont meet the requested demographics. I actually heard of a mail house in my state that was actually dumping mailers in the dumpster after collecting the printing and mailing charges upfront. They got busted after a few years by a guy who got suspicious on his lack of results. Anybody think mailers dont get mailed to the demos we select sometimes?

When you use non trustworthy sources I'm sure it happens.

Sorry about that Thad. The question is: Why would I be on a mailing list of final expense? If the agent asked the mail house for anyone over 5o, then I guess that demographic was met. I have never seen anyone call or mail anyone with income over $100,00 for final expense. Maybe the reason we get the typical 1% response on DM is because they are mailing houses that dont meet the requested demographics. I actually heard of a mail house in my state that was actually dumping mailers in the dumpster after collecting the printing and mailing charges upfront. They got busted after a few years by a guy who got suspicious on his lack of results. Anybody think mailers dont get mailed to the demos we select sometimes?

Is your net taxes 100k?

Is your wife's net taxes 100k?

I honestly don't know how list companies gather income data, but, those are my fist ASSumptions.

Even with trustworthy sources. Pulling up to DK a $350,000 home with a Land Rover in the driveway; that ain't FE. Spent two weeks doing that. The card works, the data sucked in that area.

Sorry about that Thad. The question is: Why would I be on a mailing list of final expense? If the agent asked the mail house for anyone over 5o, then I guess that demographic was met. I have never seen anyone call or mail anyone with income over $100,00 for final expense. Maybe the reason we get the typical 1% response on DM is because they are mailing houses that dont meet the requested demographics. I actually heard of a mail house in my state that was actually dumping mailers in the dumpster after collecting the printing and mailing charges upfront. They got busted after a few years by a guy who got suspicious on his lack of results. Anybody think mailers dont get mailed to the demos we select sometimes?

It is an interesting point. My parents are both retired age 58&60 and have income in same category you mentioned, but sure enough when I was over there last week I saw a burial insurance lead sitting on the counter haha. I guess some agents just play the numbers game, and maybe some others aren't as skilled and don't know what they are doing wrong. Anyhow, I asked my mom about it and she said she was thinking about sending it back to see if she could get something for her mother, age 89, of course I was like, Mom, this is what I do.... Lol.

Back