Referrals (declines) from P&c Agencies?

OttoGraf

Guru
100+ Post Club
SNL did a webinar on this a while back where he recommended going to all of the national brand p&c agencies and asking them for referrals from clients who have been declined.

Just curious to see if anyone has tried this at all and what your experience has been?

SNL did a webinar on this a while back where he recommended going to all of the national brand p&c agencies and asking them for referrals from clients who have been declined.

Just curious to see if anyone has tried this at all and what your experience has been?

Regularly. Been a win win.

Edit: I am not an FE guy

What in the world is in it for them, and do they broaker out anything they can't cover anyway?

Interesting. How do you sell it as a win for the p&c agent?

The one I did last week. The client wanted $50,000. My buddy could only do up to $20,000. So I did the other $30,000. I leave his other coverages alone and another life guy will have a tough time getting in. Win Win Win

He called me and asked if I would write it.

Last week I placed two deals I got from a Primerica RVP as well

Interesting. How do you sell it as a win for the p&c agent?

I don't bother his P&C but my writing the life keeps other agents out of the house that might also write P&C.. I have never even had one of the P&C guys ask for a cut of the commission. They are happy with just protecting their other coverage.

Long standing relationship or have you really found luck walking into Allstate and pitching the agent?

Long standing relationship or have you really found luck walking into Allstate and pitching the agent?

Not sure who you are asking. In the example I used it was an agent that insured my office. I wound up insuring his mother, father and sister. I also wound up insuring several of his kids in laws. His CSR's family also. This guy is a major life writer for his company. Relationship building.

----------

The P&C agents that refer me are mostly referred to me from other P&C agents. Or they know of the other agents. These guys are very Protective of their BoBs. Same with the other agents I work with.

Last edited:
I just counted up this year alone

44 policies came from that exact referral type

Essentially 10% of my biz this year

Back