Response Rate on Mail Drops During November Through December

Rearden

Guru
5000 Post Club
For all you guys dropping your own mail,

How's response rate change during the later-half of November through the end of December?

What have your experiences been?

Anyone who's done direct mail marketing through any insurance niche is welcome to respond.

Wow, I'm shocked! Since you're the cold calling king why would you give a rat's behind about DM response rates?

FYI, I did direct mail through EFES/Securus for a year before testing out cold calling.

M&M, what's your DM response rate experience through November and December? I know you mail a ton.

I can tell you... if I were to cold call, it would be for MedSupps only.

You HAVE to do BRC Mailers for FE. No exceptions*.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I wouldn't waste your money in December. It drops significantly.

How about November? What's your experience there?

Last edited:
For all you guys dropping your own mail,

How's response rate change during the later-half of November through the end of December?

What have your experiences been?

Anyone who's done direct mail marketing through any insurance niche is welcome to respond.

Outside of medicare, anyone I know doesn't drop. Not to say others don't, but many if the big final expense folks don't do anything til January.

Not part of the answer you were looking for, December is a good month to call current clients. Keep it casual and low pressure. Just find I get some wanting to see me then. But I also find a ton that want to set up meetings after the first of the year. It can really help load up your January and February.

My FE drops will continue except for the week of Christmas. I just ordered a new Preneed funeral drop that will go from mid-November to mid December at a cost of $$3,500

Back