RNA Rate Increase FE

I would say sat Trans is every bit as liberal as RNA . *Depends on meds/health issue. Trans will offer day one coverage for COPD if only using an inhaler where RNA will be graded regardless. Trans will also offer day one on heart attack within 2 years. RNA-graded. I usually try to use RNA first ,but there have been numerous times over the past few years where I have had a client declined by RNA only to turn around and get immediate coverage with Trans. *Both have their "moments"....

I don't know, I just have a hard time focusing after someone uses the word "liberal" like it's a good thing.:D:D

I would say sat Trans is every bit as liberal as RNA . *Depends on meds/health issue. Trans will offer day one coverage for COPD if only using an inhaler where RNA will be graded regardless. Trans will also offer day one on heart attack within 2 years. RNA-graded. I usually try to use RNA first ,but there have been numerous times over the past few years where I have had a client declined by RNA only to turn around and get immediate coverage with Trans. *Both have their "moments"....

I should have worded my comment more clearly.

What I meant was RNA level vs any other level is far more liberal on the underwriting.

Comparing rna level vs trans pref & standard is apple and oranges.

Now if you were to compare rna graded vs trans standard, trans would win that all day long.

They still have their place, but certainly won't be anyone's go to.

I have a producer that loves to lead with them. He sells the hell out of the member benefits, is amazing with building rapport, and writes several each week... oh, and doesn't have any issues with being replaced.

He already told me that he will still lead with them after the price increase as that's going to be a Non Issue.

As I mentioned in a thread a few days ago, price is not always the most important thing. Sure it's important to be competitive but LH and SL aren't successful because they have competitive products!

A good Indian will still hit the bullseye even if the arrow is a little crooked. :laugh:

Man, I REALLY miss the "old" RNA (before the phone interview B.S.) They had the best app. out there. Four pages with two places to sign. So SIMPLE. *I remember JD you were big on RNA back then. Seems like another world huh

I'm still big on them. I wish this hadn't happened to them. But a lot of it is self inflicted.

RNA is def liberal in their UW. You could write almost everybody with RNA and Trans.

As has been discussed, price is not the most important thing or the LHs and AILs would not survive. Now if I worked in JDs backyard or half the FE superstars on this forum, then that might become an issue.

But there are just so many people filling out cards and very few competent agents out there. I thought my persistency would tank when I went from wiring the FBLs and KSKJs to Trans/RNA/Americo but my persistency has actually gone up a little.

I would estimate that a vast majority of FE agents are part timers that fail out within a year or two. It surprises me what green pea agents don't know. Simple concepts like getting the policy/calling the carrier/capturing all the Premium never cross most FE agents' minds.

I doubt that. They are getting ready to start paying dividends on their whole life product. Probably just trying to fund that.

What makes you think that? It's always been participating but they have always made it clear to not expect dividends.

I've been writing them for 9 years. Went to 5 of their agent trips and they always maintained that they would not pay dividends on the fu whole life.

Have they made a recent announcement to counter that?

I haven't seen the ease of getting people to show me their policy's that some on here have. Many people will tell you they have it in a lock box or they don't know were it's at right now. Many of those are a smoke screen were the person has no insurance. Sometimes people will say "its none of your business ".Obviously we deal with uneducated people so using the cash value to buy a paid up policy could entail 2 or 3 visits to the house.

I haven't seen the ease of getting people to show me their policy's that some on here have. Many people will tell you they have it in a lock box or they don't know were it's at right now. Many of those are a smoke screen were the person has no insurance. Sometimes people will say "its none of your business ".Obviously we deal with uneducated people so using the cash value to buy a paid up policy could entail 2 or 3 visits to the house.

It is not easy at all to get them to get out their policies or to call their current company if they can't find the policies.

That is fine art to be able to do that stuff. It's something most agents in this field never learn to master and also why there is so many on the sidelines now.

So whats the key to doing that Jd? Lets say "Its in the lockbox"? Do you make another appt right then and their to come back or do you say its probably on your checking statement? Most of the people i see only have a debit card and no statement to find who's debiting their account.I see 15-20 people a week in many county's and its tough time wise to get back to people. Throw in Nsf saves and service work and my mind set is a 1 call close period.

Back