Route Planner for Door Knocking Dm Leads

KCBell73

Expert
I'm sick of looking at route optimization sites. I use a crm that integrates with my iPhone maps. I can download my leads into an excel file and upload into a route planner. I'm just tired of sitting each night with my crm map and planning the next day. What's a good route planner to use. I don't care if it's free. I just want it to save me the time and hassle of mapping for door knocking.

I'm sick of looking at route optimization sites. I use a crm that integrates with my iPhone maps. I can download my leads into an excel file and upload into a route planner. I'm just tired of sitting each night with my crm map and planning the next day. What's a good route planner to use. I don't care if it's free. I just want it to save me the time and hassle of mapping for door knocking.
Can you ask your lead vendor to use zip+4 zip codes? If so, all you have to do is sort the leads by zip code and they are then ordered by the postal route . That is what's I do with targeted lists.

I just pop them all into my Garmin gps trip planner. Give your starting and ending pt and all the addresses in between and it gives you the best route. What i also like is if you make other stops you can reconfigure from your present pt to your final pt.Saves a ton of time

Can you ask your lead vendor to use zip+4 zip codes? If so, all you have to do is sort the leads by zip code and they are then ordered by the postal route . That is what's I do with targeted lists.

Interesting to know. But my lead provider doesn't provide the +4 code

I just pop them all into my Garmin gps trip planner. Give your starting and ending pt and all the addresses in between and it gives you the best route. What i also like is if you make other stops you can reconfigure from your present pt to your final pt.Saves a ton of time

My gps is my iPhone. My crm integrates with iPhone maps. Just tap the screen and my gps does turn by turn over Bluetooth. No need for the expense of a Garmin. Plus when I get to the location my crm marks me as arrived. So I don't need a Gps feature. Just a list of where to go next.

----------

I heard the Road Warrior app is pretty good.

Thanks for that. I looked at it earlier. Along with about 20 more expensive packages. I'll try it.

The old Microsoft streets and trips software worked great. They quit making it but if you find an old copy it was cheap.

You enter all the addresses and mark the one you want to start with and end with and it optomizes the route for you. Then you put your leads in that order and you are good to go.

If you have an old computer laying around it will definitely work. I'm not sure about Windows 10 though. The maps are still pretty up to date but through the years will get worse if Microsoft doesn't bring this great program back. They always sold it for like $10 and I would have paid $100 for it because it was that useful and simple to use.

I heard the Road Warrior app is pretty good.

Hey. Thanks for the advice. It's exactly what I need. And at 5/mo inexpensive too. Just a few minutes to tweek my crm so it downloads with the right headers and I had my route mapped in seconds. It's great.

----------

The old Microsoft streets and trips software worked great. They quit making it but if you find an old copy it was cheap.

You enter all the addresses and mark the one you want to start with and end with and it optomizes the route for you. Then you put your leads in that order and you are good to go.

If you have an old computer laying around it will definitely work. I'm not sure about Windows 10 though. The maps are still pretty up to date but through the years will get worse if Microsoft doesn't bring this great program back. They always sold it for like $10 and I would have paid $100 for it because it was that useful and simple to use.

I saw that recommended on here. But it's not available anymore and I'm sure the maps won't be accurate for long. I chose road warrior app. It's 5/mo and perfect for what I need. Thanks for the advice.

Back