Securus Final Expense

Re: Securus Final Expense..Give your lawyer my address pal

Are you with securas. I'm currently an independent agent looking to get with an IMO that has good lead support for their agents.

I don't think I am independent with EFES, I know I am. I write what I want, where I want. No territories or managers.

That sems to be exactly what you said makes you independent.

When I talked with EFES they made it clear I couldn't be contracted with any companies they did not represent and asked me to terminate my contracts with them or provide my login information so they could double check I wasn't selling their stuff to through other carriers. They also said you do get a territory. Maybe that was just my experience but I really didn't want to be locked in and micro managed.

I don't blame you. I wouldn't have worked with them under those conditions either.

Anyone's experience with EFES is going to be driven by their direct upline manager and ultimately by their RD. I was direct to my RD and he happened to be the best manager and RD available at EFES. You will hear none of these stories about being micromanaged from any agent that was in his downline.

Now that Travis is gone from EFES I wouldn't know who to recommend to agents to sign up under. So I don't.

I don't think that EFES realizes yet how much they are going to miss Travis.

When I talked with EFES they made it clear I couldn't be contracted with any companies they did not represent and asked me to terminate my contracts with them or provide my login information so they could double check I wasn't selling their stuff to through other carriers. They also said you do get a territory. Maybe that was just my experience but I really didn't want to be locked in and micro managed.

I don't blame you. I wouldn't have worked with them under those conditions either.

Anyone's experience with EFES is going to be driven by their direct upline manager and ultimately by their RD. I was direct to my RD and he happened to be the best manager and RD available at EFES. You will hear none of these stories about being micromanaged from any agent that was in his downline.

Now that Travis is gone from EFES I wouldn't know who to recommend to agents to sign up under. So I don't.

I don't think that EFES realizes yet how much they are going to miss Travis.

Apparently Travis was holding them back. Didn't they just move to a bigger building this week?

Just going by what the poster said, how he spent $450 a week and after a year or two, it was repeat leads and stuff. He basically failed after a year or two- as well. My point is that this "business" as you call it, which is a sham, the FE business.... mostly, most of the big organizations doing it are a sham... but anyways, this "business" is set up for failure. I'm proud to talk about all my failures, which are actually the FE companies/agencies failing the agents.... so that I may warn others of the pitfalls of this "business".
I agree with both JD and Captain – This is definitely a “business” to think otherwise is reason for failure number one and as a business, regardless of what that business is, if you do not market that business then you’re doomed to fail…reason for failure number two.

If agents fail with FE leads it’s generally for several reasons one certainly may be because they went indy to fast and never worked with a manager who showed them how to work their business. Meaning all the agent saw were high contracts and the potential for making high commissions selling an easy product; they thought they knew everything already so they drank the kool-aid expecting success from the “leads.”

Inexperienced indy’s drinking the kool-aid too early in their career expect the “lead” to do most of the work. A lead is nothing more than the opportunity for an agent to talk with someone. It does not mean the person filling out the card is a buyer, but someone who may want more information. The more opportunity an agent has to talk with someone the more success they should have.

If an agent is getting repeat leads from a mailer after a year or two in the FE business then perhaps that agent should ask themselves “…why is my client sending in another card?” Has the agent “serviced” their clients by doing an annual review?

Too often some agents think FE sales are “sell and forget”…reason for failure number three. As a business owner agents should be servicing those clients by doing an annual review of their policies and oh they could also begin to uncover what money they left on the table; i.e. more coverage, other products, and REFERRALS.

Back