Securus Final Expense

Well, if you say so. But I researched both for a couple of weeks and they both share two things in common: 1) you pay for leads; 2) there are a lot of disgruntled agents.

Maybe one is more liberal about how many carriers you can represent. I cant remember that. But I remember that the contracting was almost verbatim.

Your research is flawed then. Each one might be better for an agent but they are completely different in how they operate.

If I didnt have better things to do, I would send you copies of both contracting kits. My research is not flawed. THey may operate differently as you say, but the terms are nearly the same, as far as the agent is concerned.

Sorry I brought it up.

If I didnt have better things to do, I would send you copies of both contracting kits. My research is not flawed. THey may operate differently as you say, but the terms are nearly the same, as far as the agent is concerned.

Sorry I brought it up.

You pay for leads up front with Securus. That's before you ever get the leads and if you ever get them.

You don't pay EFES until 10 days after receiving the leads and only for the leads you did get.

At Securus you pay a fixed cost for the leads which I believe is $25/lead now. At EFES you pay per lead based on production and can pay as little as $13/lead.

Most EFES managers will start your commission at 85-90% and you can move that up with production. You will also have a broker number with street level contracts.

Securus starts agents much lower than that. There have been Securus agents posting on here that they started at 55% contracts.

I could go on but this should be enough to show anyone that the IMO's operate and contract in a different manner.

You pay for leads up front with Securus. That's before you ever get the leads and if you ever get them.

You don't pay EFES until 10 days after receiving the leads and only for the leads you did get.

At Securus you pay a fixed cost for the leads which I believe is $25/lead now. At EFES you pay per lead based on production and can pay as little as $13/lead.

Most EFES managers will start your commission at 85-90% and you can move that up with production. You will also have a broker number with street level contracts.

Securus starts agents much lower than that. There have been Securus agents posting on here that they started at 55% contracts.

I could go on but this should be enough to show anyone that the IMO's operate and contract in a different manner.
JD is correct, I just left Securus.
If you want to build an agency (downline) and sell IUL / Annuities that is what they are all about. Never been part of EFES, but if I had to do it over again, that is where I would go. Paying for the leads after 10 days is a HUGE ADVANTAGE and a discount after proof of production is great.

I've got a question for all the Securus guys. I'm appointed with AM/AM through Securus and some of my agents yesterday were told that they can not submit business to American Amicable through this IMO. I called today and found out all Securus agents are going to be terminated at the end of September. Does anyone have any insight at all about "why."

I know we got a letter about not using the "free" AD&D plan to sell other carriers products and I was wondering if that was the final straw?

I've got a question for all the Securus guys. I'm appointed with AM/AM through Securus and some of my agents yesterday were told that they can not submit business to American Amicable through this IMO. I called today and found out all Securus agents are going to be terminated at the end of September. Does anyone have any insight at all about "why."

I know we got a letter about not using the "free" AD&D plan to sell other carriers products and I was wondering if that was the final straw?

I don't know this for a fact, but I would be willing to put money on it. Securus made a deal with AM AM to write their own branded product through them. It was actually more expensive than the regular Golden Solutions product that AM AM has. When you make a deal like that with a company, you're going to have to commit to doing a lot of business with them. I'm betting that Securus couldn't uphold their end of the bargain.

I don't know this for a fact, but I would be willing to put money on it. Securus made a deal with AM AM to write their own branded product through them. It was actually more expensive than the regular Golden Solutions product that AM AM has. When you make a deal like that with a company, you're going to have to commit to doing a lot of business with them. I'm betting that Securus couldn't uphold their end of the bargain.

The plot thickens, I will follow this one closely. Clearly there is something fishy going on with Securus.

----------

Maybe the ratio of free AD&D business to FE business was way out of line.

I tend to stay away from these supposely "free" policies

Agents were using the AD&D referral program but not placing business through AmAm.

Largely because there really is no good reason to do so due to product being pretty "ho-hum."

I didn't even get an email from Securus letting me know of AmAm parting ways.

Isn't the fact that Monumental is allowing all Securus agents to jump ship without Securus signing off on it another strong signal that Securus has lost the confidence of their main carriers?

Back