Securus Final Expense

Well I will tell anyone to stay far away from any agency that uses those same Securus/Amway mindgame tactics.

They got some nice video productions on Vimeo.

Were you with Securus Select out of LaGrange?

I ran across a dude in Dalton, Georgia, named Stormy Weathers with Securus Select that clean-sheeted a lady on O2 with American Memorial.

Never heard of them......!
But Final expense insurance is a perfect alternative to traditional life insurance, because it is more affordable, no medical exam is required, and premiums will not increase over time. In addition, final expense insurance can provide funds to your family within 24-48 hours of your passing whereas traditional life insurance plans can take weeks to pay out.

Do you realize that once we all read your earlier posts, we're probably going to come to the conclusion that something strange is going on with you?

Well thought I would update you guys. Securus is officially dead. Pretty much the only agents left are those Nick Burns convinced to leave Senior Select and join him at Securus. They did some pretty deceiving things to their agents. First they told us that Senior Select and Securus merged, which is a lie. Senior Select is still going strong. What happened is that the owner of Senior Select did not like the direction the Burns brothers were taking his agency so he basically got rid of Burns who then conned some of their agents to go with him as he teamed up with Securus.

Goldberg then allowed Burns to come in and totally change their lead system and the way their agents work. Securus and its leaders always bragged about how their leads cost them over $30 each but were willing to take more than a $5 loss each on them to get good quality leads in their agents hands. The demographic of those leads had an income range from $10,000 per year to $50,000 per year. Well Burns dropped the income floor to no verified income and a max of $30,000. All the sudden we agents were getting a lot more can't affords and no bank accounts from clients. Of course our sales dropped but instead of telling us it was because they changed the demographic of the lead, they pushed it back on their agents and said we were the problem because we were not following the system.

Well that system he is referring to is road warrior which is where an agent drives a few hours from home Monday morning with 25 new leads at $25 each and stays until Thursday night where he raked up a nice hotel bill, plus food and gas for the week. Now add in the lead cost and each agent is spending close to $1,000 per week just to work. Well one guy who had brought his team over to Securus from another FE firm kept getting complaints from his agents about the leads so he ran the numbers on them. Upon doing research he was shocked they were not the demographic he and Securus had agreed to mail for his agents. Because they lowered the income requirements for the mailing they were getting a greater return and thus the cost of each lead went down below $19 but they were still charging agents $25 each so they were now making a profit on the leads.

When he brought it up to the leaders of Securus they apologized and stated that the mail house made a mistake but they got it fixed for the next mailing. So this guys agents start working these new leads from the new mailing and they start running into the same thing. They once again had done the mailing to the lower income houses. Disappointed that the same mistake was made again, this manager once again went to Securus about the new leads and that is when Securus came clean and told him that is the demographic they want to send their mailings too. He was furious they had lied to him and once again did a mailing for his agents to an income level they did not want to work, plus the fact they had been making money on his agents by selling them leads for $25 when it cost them less than $19 each.

It was last summer when they implemented road warrior and started selling the leads with the lower income houses to their agents. Well slowly over the last year they have lost almost every agent from every team except the Securus Select guys on Burns team. Securus you reaped what you sowed! My manager used to brag to us and say he was making over $10,000 per week. Well he has been humbled because now he only has 3 guys left on his team. They got greedy!

I hate to relish in someone elses failures, but how these guys didn’t see what they were doing is beyond me. When sales started dropping rapidly because of the poor quality of these new leads you would think they would realize after a few months that it just isn’t working and they should go back to mailing to the demographic that agents had been having success with. Instead they just dug their heels in and kept saying it was us agents and not the leads so slowly almost all of them quit. I guess in the end they got what they deserved. Sure they made over $100 on each agent every week selling them leads while they were on road warrior but was it worth it when they were hardly making any sales and therefore the money Securus was making off agents writing business kept falling.

I will end with one final personal account. I was working leads in a poor area of a state. I punched the address into my GPS and headed towards it. It took me from a paved road to a gravel road to practically dirt where it ended at this shack. I felt like I was in the movie Deliverance! I got out of my car and knocked on the door. A lady answered the door and she looked and smelled like she had not had a bath in months. It was awful. I told her that she had sent in the card and the first thing she said was, “How did you find me?” She then tells me we can’t go inside since she has no electricity but we can stand out front in her yard. Figuring she had no money or bank account, I quickly just cut to the chase and asked her. Sure enough, she not only didn’t have a bank account but she didn’t even have a phone or running water. It was so sad to see someone live like this. However, it was also a slap in my face as a professional to send me to a house that did not even have utilities.

Well thought I would update you guys. Securus is officially dead. Pretty much the only agents left are those Nick Burns convinced to leave Senior Select and join him at Securus. They did some pretty deceiving things to their agents. First they told us that Senior Select and Securus merged, which is a lie. Senior Select is still going strong. What happened is that the owner of Senior Select did not like the direction the Burns brothers were taking his agency so he basically got rid of Burns who then conned some of their agents to go with him as he teamed up with Securus.

Goldberg then allowed Burns to come in and totally change their lead system and the way their agents work. Securus and its leaders always bragged about how their leads cost them over $30 each but were willing to take more than a $5 loss each on them to get good quality leads in their agents hands. The demographic of those leads had an income range from $10,000 per year to $50,000 per year. Well Burns dropped the income floor to no verified income and a max of $30,000. All the sudden we agents were getting a lot more can't affords and no bank accounts from clients. Of course our sales dropped but instead of telling us it was because they changed the demographic of the lead, they pushed it back on their agents and said we were the problem because we were not following the system.

Well that system he is referring to is road warrior which is where an agent drives a few hours from home Monday morning with 25 new leads at $25 each and stays until Thursday night where he raked up a nice hotel bill, plus food and gas for the week. Now add in the lead cost and each agent is spending close to $1,000 per week just to work. Well one guy who had brought his team over to Securus from another FE firm kept getting complaints from his agents about the leads so he ran the numbers on them. Upon doing research he was shocked they were not the demographic he and Securus had agreed to mail for his agents. Because they lowered the income requirements for the mailing they were getting a greater return and thus the cost of each lead went down below $19 but they were still charging agents $25 each so they were now making a profit on the leads.

When he brought it up to the leaders of Securus they apologized and stated that the mail house made a mistake but they got it fixed for the next mailing. So this guys agents start working these new leads from the new mailing and they start running into the same thing. They once again had done the mailing to the lower income houses. Disappointed that the same mistake was made again, this manager once again went to Securus about the new leads and that is when Securus came clean and told him that is the demographic they want to send their mailings too. He was furious they had lied to him and once again did a mailing for his agents to an income level they did not want to work, plus the fact they had been making money on his agents by selling them leads for $25 when it cost them less than $19 each.

It was last summer when they implemented road warrior and started selling the leads with the lower income houses to their agents. Well slowly over the last year they have lost almost every agent from every team except the Securus Select guys on Burns team. Securus you reaped what you sowed! My manager used to brag to us and say he was making over $10,000 per week. Well he has been humbled because now he only has 3 guys left on his team. They got greedy!

I hate to relish in someone elses failures, but how these guys didn’t see what they were doing is beyond me. When sales started dropping rapidly because of the poor quality of these new leads you would think they would realize after a few months that it just isn’t working and they should go back to mailing to the demographic that agents had been having success with. Instead they just dug their heels in and kept saying it was us agents and not the leads so slowly almost all of them quit. I guess in the end they got what they deserved. Sure they made over $100 on each agent every week selling them leads while they were on road warrior but was it worth it when they were hardly making any sales and therefore the money Securus was making off agents writing business kept falling.

I will end with one final personal account. I was working leads in a poor area of a state. I punched the address into my GPS and headed towards it. It took me from a paved road to a gravel road to practically dirt where it ended at this shack. I felt like I was in the movie Deliverance! I got out of my car and knocked on the door. A lady answered the door and she looked and smelled like she had not had a bath in months. It was awful. I told her that she had sent in the card and the first thing she said was, “How did you find me?” She then tells me we can’t go inside since she has no electricity but we can stand out front in her yard. Figuring she had no money or bank account, I quickly just cut to the chase and asked her. Sure enough, she not only didn’t have a bank account but she didn’t even have a phone or running water. It was so sad to see someone live like this. However, it was also a slap in my face as a professional to send me to a house that did not even have utilities.

Frank B just got a ton of agents back lol, last time i spoke with him last week he brought on 60 new agents, lol, bye bye Securus, im sure Frank is gonna get a bunch more agents leaving them.

As a professional agent trying to help people you should have written her on monthly direct bill and then drove out to her house and collected the premium each month.. :twitchy:

As a professional agent trying to help people you should have written her on monthly direct bill and then drove out to her house and collected the premium each month.. :twitchy:

And when she dies he could buy the shovel, dig the hole and place her in a pine box.:D:skeptical:

Question: On the Securus website, it appears as there is a big convention next week in Atlanta. Is that still on?

If I were a recruiter and Securus is truly dead, a hundred ticked off agents might be a head hunters dream. Higher contracts and a better lead system might be just the ticket to turn that frown upside down.

Back