Seeking Advice from Agents in South Florida

ChrissyFl

I have a 215 license and am thinking of getting back into insurance, focusing on Final Expense.

I am looking to hear from new and experienced agents in the South florida area and see how they are doing. The area while a very high % are seniors it is a very tough market.. I also have been told the mailers get a very low response down here and leads are crap.

Please let me know from those actually working in Final Expense here and where they have had success with lead sources in this area and of course where they are getting leads, if that's not asking too much.

I have not signed up with an IMO so advice would be greatly appreciated.
thank you:cool:

Last edited:
An agent probably won't tell you what area he is working because most likely there is several other agents along with him already mailing the area. He don't want more competition. I work with Doug and I know he travels so be prepared to do that. I am in the panhandle and it is tough here and I imagine the further south you get the tougher it is. Also if you get on a fixed price lead order the company that does the mailing, like RGI, will not do it for you if they already have an agent in the area. I know this because I wanted to add some counties and was told they were already taken.

I have a 215 license and am thinking of getting back into insurance, focusing on Final Expense.

I am looking to hear from new and experienced agents in the South florida area and see how they are doing. The area while a very high % are seniors it is a very tough market.. I also have been told the mailers get a very low response down here and leads are crap.

Please let me know from those actually working in Final Expense here and where they have had success with lead sources in this area and of course where they are getting leads, if that's not asking too much.

I have not signed up with an IMO so advice would be greatly appreciated.
thank you:cool:

Hi Chrissy,

The good news is that the leads are easily available in Broward and Dade counties.

The bad news is that you are correct. The S Florida market is very tough. That's why I Drive 3+ hours from here to tear up the honey holes. Feel free to call me direct at 954-394-2014 with any questions.

Just don't expect me to tell you what you would like to hear. :no:

If you pay close attention to this video, I actually mention one of the areas that I worked a couple of weeks ago. Woopsy Daisy!

Feel free to Like and subscribe!

Last edited by a moderator:
Florida is a state with worse mail return rates than other states. We charge a surcharge on Florida RGI leads.

A lot of times when an area is blocked out it is just blocked with the particular agency not all agencies using RGI. If we have an established agent that is doing well in a particular area we will usually tell other agents who ask to mail that area that the area is already taken. That doesn't mean RGI wouldn't mail it for a different agency though.

We greatly linit the number of agents we will take on in Florida, South Carolina and won't take Georgia at all. Those states have an adverse effect on the lead cost everywhere so we choose to limit those.

For a new agent in Florida wanting to get started in FE I would have to think Doug Massey would have to be a solid choice that could help you a lot.

Florida is a state with worse mail return rates than other states. We charge a surcharge on Florida RGI leads.

A lot of times when an area is blocked out it is just blocked with the particular agency not all agencies using RGI. If we have an established agent that is doing well in a particular area we will usually tell other agents who ask to mail that area that the area is already taken. That doesn't mean RGI wouldn't mail it for a different agency though.

We greatly linit the number of agents we will take on in Florida, South Carolina and won't take Georgia at all. Those states have an adverse effect on the lead cost everywhere so we choose to limit those.

For a new agent in Florida wanting to get started in FE I would have to think Doug Massey would have to be a solid choice that could help you a lot.

Do you sell MS leads also? Willing to share how much the cost is?

Like Doug, I also live in South Florida. It's a very saturated area. Be prepared to put 35,000 miles per year on your car if u want be successful.

Why do GA and SC have a worse return rate that other states?

Do you sell MS leads also? Willing to share how much the cost is?

We sell those at $21 each.

----------

Why do GA and SC have a worse return rate that other states?

I figure that it's because insurance agents don't usually ever retire but they do move south.

You would not believe how many times I get a call from an agent that is closing down his agency and semi retiring. He now wants to hook up with us move down to Florida and dabble in FE.

I have to assume that has something to do with the over saturated mail in the southern states.

I been in the Florida market selling insurance almost 20 years-I'm not hustling a lot like I did when I was single with no kids.. getting a little long in the tooth and to be honest- Getting burnt out on it.. Which is why I'm sorta pre-qualifying my leads now.. not to much of a drop off on production but I cut my deadbeats, lapse clients almost in half now...If they say they have bills to pay, do I have anything cheaper etc? I just close my bag and leave.. I don't want clients like that anymore.. the ones that call you every month 1 day before their draft and wants to know if I can hold off for another week..... blah.. done with it-

Here's what you can expect on every 20

And I consider my self an expert at setting appts because I've been doing it so long, in fact I can pretty much tell just by talking to someone over the phone if its a waste of time- and 9 times out of 10 I'm correct-

I'm working smarter not harder these days and I'm sorta semi qualifying the prospects over the phone- I have my own system to where I'll know in 30 seconds whether it's a waste of my time.. Because after all- Time is money

2 of them will be spanish speaking
3 of them thought it was free or swears they didn't mail it in
2 with no phone #'s
5 that wont answer the phone-

So out of 20 you'll get a hold of about 8 leads when you 1st make your batch calls

Outta those 8 you should set 5-6 appts

Outta those 6 appts you should write 4-5 of them.. Those numbers will be less if you spin your wheels and get a bunch of appts set from people that are generally not interested.. ( i use to do this)

So expect anywhere from 5-6 appts per 20 DM's

That's the easy part... Knowing how to sell and more importantly knowing when a door opens up at the table to be able to take of advantage of it is another thing.. It takes a good year or so- You're gonna make plenty of mistakes.. lot's of policies on amendment because you forgot to check off one box, or off by one day on the date etc, etc...

I'd see if theres someone in your area you can ride with for a couple days.. nothing is better than actually seeing it all live-

I been in the Florida market selling insurance almost 20 years-I'm not hustling a lot like I did when I was single with no kids.. getting a little long in the tooth and to be honest- Getting burnt out on it.. Which is why I'm sorta pre-qualifying my leads now.. not to much of a drop off on production but I cut my deadbeats, lapse clients almost in half now...If they say they have bills to pay, do I have anything cheaper etc? I just close my bag and leave.. I don't want clients like that anymore.. the ones that call you every month 1 day before their draft and wants to know if I can hold off for another week..... blah.. done with it-

Here's what you can expect on every 20

And I consider my self an expert at setting appts because I've been doing it so long, in fact I can pretty much tell just by talking to someone over the phone if its a waste of time- and 9 times out of 10 I'm correct-

I'm working smarter not harder these days and I'm sorta semi qualifying the prospects over the phone- I have my own system to where I'll know in 30 seconds whether it's a waste of my time.. Because after all- Time is money

2 of them will be spanish speaking
3 of them thought it was free or swears they didn't mail it in
2 with no phone #'s
5 that wont answer the phone-

So out of 20 you'll get a hold of about 8 leads when you 1st make your batch calls

Outta those 8 you should set 5-6 appts

Outta those 6 appts you should write 4-5 of them.. Those numbers will be less if you spin your wheels and get a bunch of appts set from people that are generally not interested.. ( i use to do this)

So expect anywhere from 5-6 appts per 20 DM's

That's the easy part... Knowing how to sell and more importantly knowing when a door opens up at the table to be able to take of advantage of it is another thing.. It takes a good year or so- You're gonna make plenty of mistakes.. lot's of policies on amendment because you forgot to check off one box, or off by one day on the date etc, etc...

I'd see if theres someone in your area you can ride with for a couple days.. nothing is better than actually seeing it all live-

So true. When she turns to you and puckers up, shut up and kiss her!:yes:

Back