It Seems More and More People Not Answering the Phone.Door Knocking Might Be the Wave of the Future

jlata1

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Wow its getting hard to get people to answer the phone with DM leads.I'm wondering if the FE business might become a door knocking business in the future. It just seems if people don't recognize a #they won't answer the phone.

Wow its getting hard to get people to answer the phone with DM leads.I'm wondering if the FE business might become a door knocking business in the future. It just seems if people don't recognize a #they won't answer the phone.

I wrote two apps Monday off a dk. These people were really nice and had taken out NY life with 2 yr wait. This was about 1800ap.

As I was leaving the lady said "I am so glad you stopped by. We have been looking for a good agent and top be honest we would have never let you come if you'd called"

Door knocking is not for everyone (agents or clients) but you will have success of you stick with it

I wrote two apps Monday off a dk. These people were really nice and had taken out NY life with 2 yr wait. This was about 1800ap.

As I was leaving the lady said "I am so glad you stopped by. We have been looking for a good agent and top be honest we would have never let you come if you'd called"

Door knocking is not for everyone (agents or clients) but you will have success of you stick with it

I knocked a door that I had a name off of a targeted list for a Med Supp last year. The woman who I was trying to contact had moved several months before. The lady that now lived there let me in. She had an AARP supplement she bought through the mail. I replaced it with ACI. Before I left she said she liked the fact that I knocked on her door and she didn't know that anybody still door knocked.

She's given me 3 referrals that I've sold. Glad I knocked on that door.:yes:

They already mailed the card back. Why add another obstacle along way. Take the card and knock.

"Hi, you must be _____ . My name is _____ and I'm with _______. The reason I'm here is because you sent me this card (show the card) and the company asked me to stop by and drop off this information. It'll only take few minutes. May I step in?"

Works 9 out of 10 times

Final Expense has always been a door knocking business, long before most of us were ever even around. It just goes with the demographics; they are very open to respond to direct mail, and they don't give a second thought to someone showing up at their door unnanounced.

When I first started selling FE I was trained with the mindset that knocking is the ONLY way to go, and that you could never make it work setting appointments by phone. Now we all know that is false, and it's different strokes for different folks. I have been door knocking DM leads for around 11 yrs, and I also spent over 2 using a phone appt first approach to DM, only knocking those I couldn't nail down on the phone. I can tell you first hand that they both work, but they both present their own set of advantages and disadvantage.

In my opinion you will get the most production per lead with door knocking your DM leads, but each individual has to weigh that out with the increased gas, time and frustration to see if it makes sense for them. For me, knocking is worth it. The past 5 years I have been back to a knock-first mindset, only using the phone when I am unable to catch them face-to-face at the door. I find myself to very handsome and charming, and I can utilize that to the fullest at the door.:biggrin:

It all works.....but only if you do.

They already mailed the card back. Why add another obstacle along way. Take the card and knock. "Hi, you must be _____ . My name is _____ and I'm with _______. The reason I'm here is because you sent me this card (show the card) and the company asked me to stop by and drop off this information. It'll only take few minutes. May I step in?" Works 9 out of 10 times

Works 9 out of 10 times? I GUARANTEE you it doesn't work that often.

You are forgetting the obstacles that door knocking brings about:

-The people that aren't home
-The people that are home, looking through the peephole, but won't open the door
-The people that will only yell through the screen door at you but NEVER let you in
-The people that live in gated areas (few, but there are areas where it's more prevalent)
-The people that get mad because you showed up to their house

...AND MANY MORE...

I've done this business MANY DIFFERENT ways.

ONLY door knocking (SEVERAL CONSECUTIVE MONTHS I did it this way ONLY)

ONLY SET APPTS (SEVERAL CONSECUTIVE MONTHS I did it this way ONLY).

And I have, of course, done a combo of both.

My findings:

Door knocking was the LEAST EFFICIENT and effective way of doing business for me. I made the least amount of AP running business using this strategy. You can spend a whole day door knocking, knock 20+ doors and not get a single sit. To door knockings defense, I NEVER door knocked with more than 30 leads per week.

A BETTER way of doing this business for me was a combo of BOTH. Still working with 30 leads, I would call to set as many appointments as possible and door knock those that hang up or didn't have phone numbers ect...I found that my AP improved and found it was a more efficient way to conduct business.

The BEST way I have found to do this business, is the way I have been working lately. I have been getting more leads than ever before (40/week). I'm having 10K weeks on a regular basis now and I have completely stopped door knocking. More often than not, I don't have enough time in the day and when I do find cracks of time, I'm too lazy/tired to expel the extra needed effort it would take to door knock. I started working again Jan 5th and I am currently at 32K so far for the month using the ALL SET APPTS strategy. Am I leaving $ on the table? Absolutely, but since I'm running approx 6-8 appointments a day, 5-6 days a week and averaging about 10K/week I don't find it necessary to door knock. I'm making the MOST AP using this strategy and I am the MORE EFFICIENT while employing this strategy. Yes, I'm also spending the most using this strategy BUT my ROI is at its highest running it this way.

It's hard to give up my ALMOST GUARANTEED $1,500-$2,000 day for a day of blind door knocking. When I have 7 appointments, I have a pretty good idea what my day should end up like.

Something close to this:

3 appts= $500+...1 no show/reschedule...2 sits...1 sale (1-2 applications usually)
5 appts= $1,000+...2 no shows/reschedules...3 sits...2 sales (2-3 applications usually)
7 appts= $1,500+...3 no shows/reschedules...4 sits...3 sales (3-5 applications usually)

(The more appointments I have the higher the likelihood I will have at least 1 husband and wife sale for the day from that 1 appointment)

I don't know if I can keep up this pace for long BUT I'll run like this until I can't. Probably only until the end of February when I will be called for duty...DADDY DUTY that is!

Works 9 out of 10 times? I GUARANTEE you it doesn't work that often. You are forgetting the obstacles that door knocking brings about: -The people that aren't home -The people that are home, looking through the peephole, but won't open the door -The people that will only yell through the screen door at you but NEVER let you in -The people that live in gated areas (few, but there are areas where it's more prevalent) -The people that get mad because you showed up to their house ...AND MANY MORE... I've done this business MANY DIFFERENT ways. ONLY door knocking (SEVERAL CONSECUTIVE MONTHS I did it this way ONLY) ONLY SET APPTS (SEVERAL CONSECUTIVE MONTHS I did it this way ONLY). And I have, of course, done a combo of both. My findings: Door knocking was the LEAST EFFICIENT and effective way of doing business for me. I made the least amount of AP running business using this strategy. You can spend a whole day door knocking, knock 20+ doors and not get a single sit. To door knockings defense, I NEVER door knocked with more than 30 leads per week. A BETTER way of doing this business for me was a combo of BOTH. Still working with 30 leads, I would call to set as many appointments as possible and door knock those that hang up or didn't have phone numbers ect...I found that my AP improved and found it was a more efficient way to conduct business. The BEST way I have found to do this business, is the way I have been working lately. I have been getting more leads than ever before (40/week). I'm having 10K weeks on a regular basis now and I have completely stopped door knocking. More often than not, I don't have enough time in the day and when I do find cracks of time, I'm too lazy/tired to expel the extra needed effort it would take to door knock. I started working again Jan 5th and I am currently at 32K so far for the month using the ALL SET APPTS strategy. Am I leaving $ on the table? Absolutely, but since I'm running approx 6-8 appointments a day, 5-6 days a week and averaging about 10K/week I don't find it necessary to door knock. I'm making the MOST AP using this strategy and I am the MORE EFFICIENT while employing this strategy. Yes, I'm also spending the most using this strategy BUT my ROI is at its highest running it this way. It's hard to give up my ALMOST GUARANTEED $1,500-$2,000 day for a day of blind door knocking. When I have 7 appointments, I have a pretty good idea what my day should end up like. Something close to this: 3 appts= $500+...1 no show/reschedule...2 sits...1 sale (1-2 applications usually) 5 appts= $1,000+...2 no shows/reschedules...3 sits...2 sales (2-3 applications usually) 7 appts= $1,500+...3 no shows/reschedules...4 sits...3 sales (3-5 applications usually) (The more appointments I have the higher the likelihood I will have at least 1 husband and wife sale for the day from that 1 appointment) I don't know if I can keep up this pace for long BUT I'll run like this until I can't. Probably only until the end of February when I will be called for duty...DADDY DUTY that is!

I think he meant it works 9 out of 10 times when you talk to someone... Obviously no way you can catch 90% of ppl home on DKs!

Yep, the most efficient way seems to be door knocking around your set appointments and working each lead to the bone, UNLESS you're only taking 15 leads a week. Then I would recommend door knocking all of em!

Also, if the agent is not good on the phone, door knock em all until you're getting a regular batch of 30+ weekly Leads, then hire a good appointment setter.

The problem with a setter is They will NEVER treat the lead with the same Care as the agent will and therefore you could end up with an expensive/inefficient system and might literally be better off taking less leads and door knocking em all.

Yep, the most efficient way seems to be door knocking around your set appointments and working each lead to the bone, UNLESS you're only taking 15 leads a week. Then I would recommend door knocking all of em!

Also, if the agent is not good on the phone, door knock em all until you're getting a regular batch of 30+ weekly Leads, then hire a good appointment setter.

The problem with a setter is They will NEVER treat the lead with the same Care as the agent will and therefore you could end up with an expensive/inefficient system and might literally be better off taking less leads and door knocking em all.

You can say that again...

Back