Selling FE in December

Let me give a new full time (4.5 months into it) FE agent perspective. I've written a few posts about my success but must mention the struggles also. Last week in October I wrote 5700K for the week. That was five weeks ago and November was a complete dud month for me personally. I had barely written 5K since October mainly due to working a new area with limited lead flow and unqualified buyers. Lots of no shows, unserious folks filling out the lead cards "just because", and others thinking it was "free". *Note: I'm on a set 25 a week lead program but only reached that number twice, only 13 and 24 leads came in the last two weeks as an example. Rearden had to "talk me off the ledge" from jumping off a tall building with frustration. Heck he was going to drive two states over to meet me for a ride along just to experience what I've been seeing in the field.

Which brings me to this week. Tuesday I had six appts set... same deal as the last five weeks... 2 no shows, 3 others non qualified buyers, and only 1 presentation... no sales. Nothing for wednesday, but had 3 appts scheduled thursday. Just to show how wacky this business is I sold all three scheduled appointments, not only that, but also sold two door knocks and another "be back" from a previous appointment. Ended up having my best day in the field ever, 6 for 6 with 5300+ AP. I did nothing different today except have qualified buyers who listened and were open to be sold. Had to work them but the many thanks and appreciation from the clients after the sale was great to feel again.

Moral of the story... do not defeat yourself, push through the rough times, and learn by doing. Don't "over think" your situation, give yourself room to fall down but damnitt get back up and start running! Many thanks to Dave Duford for having my back with endless support.

:yes:

This Guy ^^^^^^^ has the heart of a warrior and the courage of a tiger, he gets it and will succeed.

----------

Now THAT was a cool story.

It is a cool story, I think we can all relate, we all still have those "bad" weeks from time to time.

It looks as though this month of all months, December, I have had my best day ever in the field, unreal. That makes two of us spur, and tomorrow Ive got to go write a referral for $1200 more ap, looks as though this week might be my best ever, go figure.

Let me add that the IMO team of 360 has been a huge support. Nothing but winners all day long with us. Brad Aden has created a really great opportunity for all agents. I could not ask for more! Well I could but you dont need to!!

It looks as though this month of all months, December, I have had my best day ever in the field, unreal. That makes two of us spur, and tomorrow Ive got to go write a referral for $1200 more ap, looks as though this week might be my best ever, go figure.

Let me add that the IMO team of 360 has been a huge support. Nothing but winners all day long with us. Brad Aden has created a really great opportunity for all agents. I could not ask for more! Well I could but you dont need to!!

Big dog!

Are they the best team you have ever been with?

It looks as though this month of all months, December, I have had my best day ever in the field, unreal. That makes two of us spur, and tomorrow Ive got to go write a referral for $1200 more ap, looks as though this week might be my best ever, go figure. Let me add that the IMO team of 360 has been a huge support. Nothing but winners all day long with us. Brad Aden has created a really great opportunity for all agents. I could not ask for more! Well I could but you dont need to!!

Awesome job brother!!!

See you in 2016

I was just talking with another agent about the "Holiday Blues" that some agents call it. This is only my second Holiday season since starting FE full time. Last year was my first holiday season selling, and it was hard but I wouldn't say it was really that much harder to sell than during the rest of the year. This holiday season so far has been much better than last year, and has also been the most consistent on a weekly basis. The longer I do this, the more convinced I become that we agents can do whatever it is we believe we're capable of. Those that truly believe that the Holidays will be a downer, will make it become reality. Those that truly believe that they will hit their goals, will make it become reality.

Also, having leads has been the fuel that has kept me going strong during the holidays. Last year at this time, my lead flow was much lower and I was trying to work those leads to death and it made it harder and more stressful. I still did ok last year, but nowhere near my production same time this year. This year I have plenty of leads, and I can't even begin to describe how comforting that is...especially at Christmas time.

This year was kind of nice though, because both Christmas and New Years day fall on Friday...that leaves Mon-Thur to get out and work.

I was just talking with another agent about the "Holiday Blues" that some agents call it. This is only my second Holiday season since starting FE full time. Last year was my first holiday season selling, and it was hard but I wouldn't say it was really that much harder to sell than during the rest of the year. This holiday season so far has been much better than last year, and has also been the most consistent on a weekly basis. The longer I do this, the more convinced I become that we agents can do whatever it is we believe we're capable of. Those that truly believe that the Holidays will be a downer, will make it become reality. Those that truly believe that they will hit their goals, will make it become reality.

Also, having leads has been the fuel that has kept me going strong during the holidays. Last year at this time, my lead flow was much lower and I was trying to work those leads to death and it made it harder and more stressful. I still did ok last year, but nowhere near my production same time this year. This year I have plenty of leads, and I can't even begin to describe how comforting that is...especially at Christmas time.

This year was kind of nice though, because both Christmas and New Years day fall on Friday...that leaves Mon-Thur to get out and work.

This is pretty much the point that I make each year when this subject comes up. I would have probably bowed out during the holidays when I first started, but no one told me that I shouldn't work, so I just kept right on going like it was normal.

This is pretty much the point that I make each year when this subject comes up. I would have probably bowed out during the holidays when I first started, but no one told me that I shouldn't work, so I just kept right on going like it was normal.

I agree. Decembers have been some of my best months. This year _I_ decided to chill. The business I am writing is from people calling me asking me to quote them. This is a great business.

I agree. Decembers have been some of my best months. This year _I_ decided to chill. The business I am writing is from people calling me asking me to quote them. This is a great business.

Yeah I'm taking less leads during December. Still working the same days and this will be one of my top months for the year.

Another day, another month.

The excuses not to work are tantalizing and endless. The holidays, it's raining, it's snowing, record cold temps, heat waves, I have a cold, I'm tired, hungover, the list goes on... :eek:

Back