Selling Final Expense Via Telephone

I don't have a clue on MA business. I wrote my last MA plan almost 5 years ago and never regretted getting out of that market.

I had some of my med sup contracts under Frank. I don't know who they are are under now. But I don't write those that were under him anymore anyway.

I have a couple of med sup contracts under JLS marketing but I don't write those now either.

I have a couple under EFES. AmCon is the one I write the most But that's still very few. I am not a medicare agent. I am an FE agent.

As for the deal with EFES. I would not take that deal if you already write $175,000 ap per year. You can do much better than that offer.

JLS is a good IMO I had some medsupps with them they have a office 2 blocks from mine so I got to meet them in person. Great group of guys.

JLS is a good IMO I had some medsupps with them they have a office 2 blocks from mine so I got to meet them in person. Great group of guys.

The contracts I have with them are, {were}, Admiral, Sterling and Family Life.

No reason to write any of them here. Admiral went down with the ship anyway.

I know Taylor Trum and Tony Bowen there at JLS. Both top notch guys in my opinion.

Last edited:

I know Taylor Trum and Tony Bowen there at JLS. Both top noth guys in my opinion.

Ya they are. So is Jerry the owner. They are more geared to medsupps they expanded their product offering and made a great website with online training, a quote engine and lead programs. I just don't mess with medsupps anymore. But I would recommend them to any agent looking for medsup contracts.

I don't have a clue on MA business. I wrote my last MA plan almost 5 years ago and never regretted getting out of that market.

I had some of my med sup contracts under Frank. I don't know who they are are under now. But I don't write those that were under him anymore anyway.

I have a couple of med sup contracts under JLS marketing but I don't write those now either.

I have a couple under EFES. AmCon is the one I write the most But that's still very few. I am not a medicare agent. I am an FE agent.

As for the deal with EFES. I would not take that deal if you already write $175,000 ap per year. You can do much better than that offer.

Well, I'm willing to give up a few points to have consistent reliable leads coming in. I don't have that right now...

Well, I'm willing to give up a few points to have consistent reliable leads coming in. I don't have that right now...

You do know you can send out your own DM every week and have a consistent flow of leads don't you? The only reason to do it through EFES or any of the like is if the returns in your area are horrible. There are too many rules to follow when someone else is supplying your leads.

Did you buy his software?

Yeah. $299........and he died about a week later.

I mean I was annoyed and looking back now it was a waste of money......but the man died so it's not like I could complain about it and I didn't want to disrespect him so I never did.

But a lot of time has passed now so......I don't think it's rude to say that was $300 I shouldn't have spent.

Contact Todd king. Don't waste your time with other IMO's posting here

I didn't know Todd did Medicare stuff. He has some good contracts and is a nice guy but can he help an agent get going in Med supps?

Always seemed like around these parts for med supp stuff you contacted Frank (RIP) or Daytona Guy.

I know Taylor Trum and Tony Bowen there at JLS. Both top notch guys in my opinion.

Tony is a good friend of mine... very solid guy

he is a great golfer too don't let him take anyones money on the golf course
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Internet FE leads are HORRIBLE.

Direct Mail and TV FE leads work well....if the agent knows what he/she is doing.

Free leads with a high contract means the leads are worthless.

Free leads with a lower contract MIGHT mean the leads are OK.

Your best bet for tele-sales for FE is to be trained for about 3 days, get a fair contract, and PAY/BUY leads that will be exclusively yours.

Selling FE over the phone is not as easy as it sounds, but can be more profitable than face 2 face. I know. I did face 2 face for 7 years and have sold over the phone almost 5 years now.

i would have to disagree

i have seen at least ten agents that were twenty thousand AP a month producers try to go the tele sales and 100 percent of them either failed or made less money than face to face...

i do agree that some prospects would rather not have an agent in their home and would like to buy over the phone but from my experience this only really works in a call center environment where you have a automated dialer and unlimited leads to call

even in a Call center environment the close ratio is close to 12 percent and this is with a floor manager and other non producing agents involved in the process... the average agent face to face sells between 22-24 percent of the leads so i highly doubt the extra leads you would need selling by the phone would out weigh the gas and the high close ratio...

Last edited:
Back