Senior Life Insurance Company

Just got licensed with Senior Life. Paid $160 to sign up(why the high price?) Paid $350 for 10 supposedly A DM leads and started running them. As an experienced agent and one time regional manager I was very realistic about lead quality, some wont remember sending them, some are just crazy but should be able to close at least 20% on an A lead, right? These leads were garbage. No one admitted to asking for info but the real kicker was.... the first one I ran was for a 70 year old female. Went to the address and it was her sisters house, she never lived there and wait for it... She has been in a nursing home for 3 years. Stroke victim, cant walk, speak or write! Since these were supposed to be fresh leads :swoon:( within 30 days) I guess Jesus must have come down from heaven to write down her info on the direct mail lead. What a ripoff!!! Obviously someone from the lead dept took her name off of a list and wrote it on the lead. Sister is the only person at the address, handles her sisters business, knows she has a paid up burial policy and did not fill out the lead. Asked her to write out a statement to that fact and the handwriting on the lead was obviously wasnt hers. These crooks took me for $510- what can I do? I plain ol caught them selling me bogus leads. Any suggestions?

Tell the Powell's to kiss your arse and get with one of the IMO's on here and go make that $510 back and move on . . .

Nothing like walking into the circus, 'er I mean office on Monday and being in lead debt before you make one call . . .

Seriously - reach out to Spur, Agent5, Newby, Galt, Ben or Todd on here . . .

Just got licensed with Senior Life. Paid $160 to sign up(why the high price?) Paid $350 for 10 supposedly A DM leads and started running them. As an experienced agent and one time regional manager I was very realistic about lead quality, some wont remember sending them, some are just crazy but should be able to close at least 20% on an A lead, right? These leads were garbage. No one admitted to asking for info but the real kicker was.... the first one I ran was for a 70 year old female. Went to the address and it was her sisters house, she never lived there and wait for it... She has been in a nursing home for 3 years. Stroke victim, cant walk, speak or write! Since these were supposed to be fresh leads :swoon:( within 30 days) I guess Jesus must have come down from heaven to write down her info on the direct mail lead. What a ripoff!!! Obviously someone from the lead dept took her name off of a list and wrote it on the lead. Sister is the only person at the address, handles her sisters business, knows she has a paid up burial policy and did not fill out the lead. Asked her to write out a statement to that fact and the handwriting on the lead was obviously wasnt hers. These crooks took me for $510- what can I do? I plain ol caught them selling me bogus leads. Any suggestions?

That is just a case of signing up without doing research. Most of us here have done it before in our career...I know I have!

The good news is...you don't need Senior Life, so you can just get with a real independent agency and you'll make back the $510 in no time!

I will be more than happy to help you transition and answer any questions you have. Also we have leads in inventory in a lot of areas, so sometimes we can get leads to you instantly.

Feel free to check me out or give me a call....

[email protected]
main

----------

Tell the Powell's to kiss your arse and get with one of the IMO's on here and go make that $510 back and move on . . .

Nothing like walking into the circus, 'er I mean office on Monday and being in lead debt before you make one call . . .

Seriously - reach out to Spur, Agent5, Newby, Galt, Ben or Todd on here . . .

Appreciate the shout out. You seem to be coming around! :)

Appreciate the shout out. You seem to be coming around! :)

Senior in my opinion is just a lead shoppe on steroids. I haven't seen their books - but, I imagine there is greater profit on the lead side than the insurance side for corporate any way . . .

One Life at least gives you leads with a lower commission - so, no debt - just the shave on commissions. Which in my opinion is a great start for a new Agent with no marketing capital or a way to self generate their leads.

I can in good faith recommend OL to a new agent - but never Senior . . .

I would say that SL is far better than Parker and Asses and I would never recommend Parker and Asses.

As for that lead, those people sent it in. That's just how it is.

Chalk this lesson up to tuition and move on to a real FE IMO.

Who were you a manager for if you fell for SL?

OK.This may send you guys into spasms but its... Banker Life. In my defense that was 20 yrs ago before conseco when they were a good company. Been out of the business 20 yrs to raise a family. so, Im a weird mixture of experienced and inexperienced. So this was before the do not call list. I worked captive and used an in house lead program. New to the forum. Dont mind investing, think Im realistic about the business just didnt realize that things were this bad out there.

----------

Am I jumping to conclusions? You guys think the leads were real? Why so negative about Senior life if the leads were real?

OK.This may send you guys into spasms but its... Banker Life. In my defense that was 20 yrs ago before conseco when they were a good company. Been out of the business 20 yrs to raise a family. so, Im a weird mixture of experienced and inexperienced. So this was before the do not call list. I worked captive and used an in house lead program. New to the forum. Dont mind investing, think Im realistic about the business just didnt realize that things were this bad out there.

----------

Am I jumping to conclusions? You guys think the leads were real? Why so negative about Senior life if the leads were real?

Do you know anyone in the business?

----------

For one thing their product is very over priced...one of the highest.

----------

I talked to Debra on the phone and she definitely seems like someone that is ready to get out and hit it! Not like tons of agents that I talk to and are just looking for a free ride! Hope to work with you soon and see what you can do when you're not getting scammed!

----------

The leads aren't the problem with SL. SL is the problem with SL.

They are simply way overpriced. They are LH by another name.

But you should be used to overpriced from dealing with bankers.

I would recommend going to fexcontracting.com and just reading about this business.

There's a ton of free info there whether you sign up with FEX or not.

Back