Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Final Expense Forum

Reply to Senior Life Insurance Company     
Old 05-04-2016, 08:16 PM   #1

State: dfry is an Insurance Agent from
Senior Life Insurance Company Senior Life Insurance Company
Anyone have any recent experiences with Senior Life Ins out of Georgia? Claim to have final expense call transfers from their commercials for $40 per transfer which is a good price and the customer is calling you.

But I know if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Especially when it comes to leads.

Independent Agent, not captive. Reviews I've read online in the forums are old posts so wondering if anyone has tried them recently?

Thank you
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Senior Life Insurance Company
Old 05-04-2016, 09:03 PM   #2
Guru
bboman23 on Senior Life Insurance Company

State: bboman23 is an Insurance Agent from Mississippi
bboman23 is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Senior Life Insurance Company
Originally Posted by dfry View Post
Anyone have any recent experiences with Senior Life Ins out of Georgia? Claim to have final expense call transfers from their commercials for $40 per transfer which is a good price and the customer is calling you.

But I know if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Especially when it comes to leads.

Independent Agent, not captive. Reviews I've read online in the forums are old posts so wondering if anyone has tried them recently?

Thank you
Search for them on here. You'll see how bad they are.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:08 PM   #3
Guru
goillini52 on Senior Life Insurance Company

State: goillini52 is an Insurance Agent from Illinois
goillini52 is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Senior Life Insurance Company Re: Senior Life Insurance Company
Originally Posted by bboman23 View Post
Search for them on here. You'll see how bad they are.
Does that include Greg?
Old 05-04-2016, 09:09 PM   #4
Guru

Originally Posted by goillini52 View Post

Does that include Greg?
I'm speaking about the company in general.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:16 PM   #5
Guru
goillini52 on Senior Life Insurance Company

State: goillini52 is an Insurance Agent from Illinois
goillini52 is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by bboman23 View Post
I'm speaking about the company in general.

I know...just trying out a new spoon.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:19 PM   #6
Guru

Originally Posted by goillini52 View Post

I know...just trying out a new spoon.
Yea too tired tonight so I'm not taking the bait lol
Old 05-07-2016, 09:08 AM   #7
Expert

State: phonatas is an Insurance Agent from
ive tried searching them too lol from what I'm seeing they are just as bad as Lincoln Heritage lmao
Old 05-07-2016, 10:06 AM   #8
Guru
Newby on Senior Life Insurance Company

State: Newby is an Insurance Agent from Indiana
Newby is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by phonatas View Post
ive tried searching them too lol from what I'm seeing they are just as bad as Lincoln Heritage lmao
They are basically LH with a casket gimmick instead of the FCGS gimmick. Neither gimmick stands a chance when a good agent comes in the home and gives them 25% more death benefit for the same premium.

Plus both Senior Life and LH pay low commissions, charge more than anyone else on their leads and will not give 1st day coverage to applicants with health issues on a large percentage of cases. The independent agents have a huge advantage there.

Being independent is not complicated if you have the right training and resources.

www.fexcontracting.com
fexcontracting is about helping independent FE agents get good contracts with the top quality companies and get them up to speed fast with product knowledge and a plan to succeed.
Old 05-07-2016, 01:56 PM   #9
Guru
theinsuranceman on Senior Life Insurance Company

State: theinsuranceman is an Insurance Agent from North Carolina
theinsuranceman is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Originally Posted by Newby View Post
They are basically LH with a casket gimmick instead of the FCGS gimmick. Neither gimmick stands a chance when a good agent comes in the home and gives them 25% more death benefit for the same premium.

Plus both Senior Life and LH pay low commissions, charge more than anyone else on their leads and will not give 1st day coverage to applicants with health issues on a large percentage of cases. The independent agents have a huge advantage there.

Being independent is not complicated if you have the right training and resources.
Low commissions? That depends on the mgr. the recruit is talking to. Recruits with proven track records can get contracts over 100%, just like you give out Newby. In fact, agents who write $200k+ per year can get higher than the 115% contracts you give out!

Expensive leads? DM leads are $29 and they have a "no PO Box" filter, an income filter, and an age filter. $29 is an excellent price with these filters. They also have "life insurance" in bold print in the 1st sentence and are very directly worded. They talk about the high costs of funerals, etc. and come in an 8x11 snap pack mail piece. There is no confusion that the DM piece is talking about life insurance, nothing mentioned in vague wording. Never hear prospects saying "I thought this was some thing free from the gov't". DISCLAIMER: DM leads are $35 in Fl., $29 in all the other states.

You don't think that it's a little complicated for a new agent to have to learn several FE companies at the start? I talk to FE agents all the time who feel overwhelmed learning so many companies at the start. Always having an app declined due to confusion of which company to pick. Not to mention apps that are 7-15 pages long. I like that SL keeps things simple with a one page app.

SL (and LH) have higher premiums because there are no MIB's, No script checks, no APS's. I like it that way because I get paid based on production issued with no worries of an MIB, RX check, etc. getting in the way of me getting paid. In fact charge backs never interrupt me getting paid like it is with the other FE companies that you represent. If higher premiums meant lots of replacements don't you think LH or SL would change their business model? If there were lots of replacements they would lower premiums and tighten underwriting and do PHI's, MIB's, etc. like a lot of the companies you represent.

Not trying to argue with you Newby but you really should know your facts before you start to criticize a competitor.

Training Final Expense Agents NATIONWIDE! 18 Years Experience Selling Final Expense!
Field Sales or Tele-Sales!
Greg @ 252-292-3350.
Old 05-07-2016, 03:07 PM   #10

State: 4thquarter is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
I was going to sign up for a contract with senior life but decided not to for one they make you pay for a $30.00 background check.

I never ever had to pay for a background check with a new company for application for a new job or contract.

Second, the reviews on glassdoor.com and the ratings are horrible for senior life out of Thomasville, Ga.

And finally, I spoke with a top producer for final expense last week and he mentioned contracting with senior life agent is history. The agent is currently an independent doing well in the senior business as a broker.

Last edited by 4thquarter; 05-07-2016 at 03:13 PM.
Reply to Senior Life Insurance Company 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Final Expense Forum

Tags
life insurance