Service Work - Delivering Policy

How much of your day/months activity is spent on service work? ie delinquent accounts, cancellations etc. What's your success rate in saving those 'bad' policy's?

Do you deliver the policy to the client?

For you? Zip, Zilch,Zero, Nada....... One must sell a policy before One can deliver a policy.

Seems as though JD has a great point with delivering the policy - referrals, outlining the coverage and letting the client know they'll be taken care of on a personal level.

I'm surprised there was no difference in your numbers(commissions) regardless of your approach - delivered or not. You didn't see a decrease in your referrals?

Obviously I'm not suggesting an agent can't be a rock star without delivering policy's. The only necessity is the client should always feel comfortable calling up the commission hog-i.e. agent, with any questions, concerns or help with changes.

I'm asking about "service work" because the MS agents I've talked with say they do A LOT MORE service work than FE agents. I wouldn't know. So, this forum is a great way to get both sides..even the third side.

If I bought a policy and my agent delivered it to me - it would build my trust in him/her. Then I'd be more helpful or open to their needs - i.e. referrals. Otherwise, it's just a transaction.

But, if there was no change in my take home $$$ - like w/ bbo, then it would be a time waster.

To each his own..

----------

How many leads on avg per week?

If an agent has time to see referrals & deliver policies they should just buy more leads. Their ROT (return on time) would be through the roof

I don't know what service work the med sup agents are talking about. My med sup clients are pretty much maintenance free.

That's what I'm wondering too! Granted, it may be a little more service work on the Medicare side but it isn't that much.

I get concerned when an agent starts talking about "service work" and not wanting to do a lot of it. What many agents mean by that is that they don't want to do any at all! Wrong business for that!

Back