Settlers 2017 Trip .

Come on JD I know you are smarter than that. But for new agents I'll just say this. If you take into account the very low commission they pay as opposed to other companies then you are really paying for it.

With that line of logic only the highest paid company could offer any type of 'free' production reward, without consideration of placement or appeal other than commission level. And where is the line drawn, what if a completely different line of product offers more per sale, is the same logic applied, that the agent is paying for the event in terms of reduced commsion? -kr

No JD, it's not playing with numbers at all. The facts I gave ARE THE EXACT FACTS based on the 600 AP example that I illustrated, which I believe to be close to the national average AP for FE. My example also compares to a full 120% carrier with a commissionable policy fee, not Trinity/FBL, which is the carrier that you are referring to in your rebuttal. So, it is clearly YOU who are playing with the numbers that I gave and taking my scenario out of context.

I understand that you have your reasons for writing all of your business with KSKJ, and that's fine by me. For the reasons I stated I would NOT however find doing so to be sage advice for 95% of agents, especially newer agents who do not have established cash flow.

It was factual on one case. That's taking it out of context. But that's your MO.

Why not compare it to 150% contracts then? If you are just pulling numbers out of the air then go for something outrageous.

Oh, oh, oh. I just realized that IF I had 200% contracts I could make more!!

And If it's "fine by you" then why come in with that nonsense?

I wasn't giving advice. Everything in this thread I have said that I make more money writing KSKJ.

So you have written 300 cases this year at 120% contracts?? Good for you. I don't believe that. But good for you anyway.

You wanna play with number? How about all the Gerber you write? Enough to be called "GI Joe". Hows that 120% working out for you there?

How about all those cah flow problems that you don't have since you get advanced by Gerber? No wait!! You don't get advanced by Gerber and you don't have 120% contracts with them. More hypothetical BS?

But it's also a personal discussion and you are responding to my statement of making more money with KSKJ. Before KSKJ I would have put that healthy person on your goto companie's FU. They also don't pay on the same $50 policy fee, they still pay on the annual amount and it's 85% commission. Therefore I made more money by using KSKJ.

John, saying that Trinity pays 85% based on paying on the annual premium instead of the monthly premium is just not correct.

I ran a Trinity quote as close to $50/month as I could find. Male, 56 NT, $15K of coverage. Monthly premium is $50.08/mo.

MP x 12 = $600.96. Their annual premium, which is what they base their commission on is $582.30. Commission paid would be $582.30 x 110% = $640.53. That nets out to 106.6%, not 85% as suggested.

Using the exact same example, with KSKJ, the commission would be (($50.08 x 12) - $50) x 100% = $550.96.

So, even using Trinity as an example that you gave, one would make $89.57 more than they would make with KSKJ.

----------

It was factual on one case. That's taking it out of context. But that's your MO.

Why not compare it to 150% contracts then? If you are just pulling numbers out of the air then go for something outrageous.

Oh, oh, oh. I just realized that IF I had 200% contracts I could make more!!

And If it's "fine by you" then why come in with that nonsense?

I wasn't giving advice. Everything in this thread I have said that I make more money writing KSKJ.

So you have written 300 cases this year at 120% contracts?? Good for you. I don't believe that. But good for you anyway.

You wanna play with number? How about all the Gerber you write? Enough to be called "GI Joe". Hows that 120% working out for you there?

How about all those cah flow problems that you don't have since you get advanced by Gerber? No wait!! You don't get advanced by Gerber and you don't have 120% contracts with them. More hypothetical BS?

John, your twisting all of the details again. Which is what you often do to prove your point.

John, saying that Trinity pays 85% based on paying on the annual premium instead of the monthly premium is just not correct.

I ran a Trinity quote as close to $50/month as I could find. Male, 56 NT, $15K of coverage. Monthly premium is $50.08/mo.

MP x 12 = $600.96. Their annual premium, which is what they base their commission on is $582.30. Commission paid would be $582.30 x 110% = $640.53. That nets out to 106.6%, not 85% as suggested.

Using the exact same example, with KSKJ, the commission would be (($50.08 x 12) - $50) x 100% = $550.96.

So, even using Trinity as an example that you gave, one would make $89.57 more than they would make with KSKJ.

----------

John, your twisting all of the details again. Which is what you often do to prove your point.

Trinity has a $50 noncommissionable policy fee on their FU. Which is what I was talking about. And the commission on their FU is 85% not 110%

And I'm not the one twisting anything. But I see who is.

Actually, I have written 399 cases so far this year, and no they were not all at 120% contract. The only reason that I wrote more Gerber cases this year than others is that I wrote more business this year than most others, including you.

The example that I gave was based on the industry average case of 600AP compared to what one could get writing a 120% carrier with a commissionable policy fee. Nowhere did I state that I was making a comparison to what I actually did this year.

Well...I like the looks of Settlers 2017 cruise. $50,000 to win. Not too bad.

And if the Bermuda Triangle takes us down at least we go down in style.

Ok now my brain hurts lol.

Since I'm as earned anyway that doesn't concern me. Since I deliver policies anyway, that doesn't concern me either. The draft dates is not an issue and I don't chose to make it one. As for the other math, I've already been over that with you several times. First off, I don't have that many 120% contracts. And the ones I do won't take many of the people that KSKJ will take. So how does that matter on the commission? Oh goody, I could have made more if they would have taken that person they wouldn't! That's some sound business advice right there. Let's just compare to your goto. I believe you to be on 110% but I might be wrong. They pay on the policy fee but they pay on the annual rate instead of the modal rate so that's almost a wash on the policy fee. So you will make 10% more by writing them over KSKJ. OK, fine for insulin dependent and such. The person pays about the same and you make 10% more. What if that person is not on insulin? Then could get select. You are putting the person in a higher priced plan. But you do make more money. And that's this discussion. But it's also a personal discussion and you are responding to my statement of making more money with KSKJ. Before KSKJ I would have put that healthy person on your goto companie's FU. They also don't pay on the same $50 policy fee, they still pay on the annual amount and it's 85% commission. Therefore I made more money by using KSKJ. Then let's ask if the person has COPD. Before I wrote very few of those because people didn't want to pay Trans standard rates or UP2's rates or Equitable's rates. Now I write quite a bit of COPD because I can get them a competitive rate. Again, I make more money because I'm writing business that I previously would not have written. Then we have cases that KSKJ will take level that others will not. I can name very quickly 3 cases I've written in the last couple months that I went back to once I got KSKJ. All 3 of those are over $125/mo cases. They were people I met with and couldn't get them level coverage and didn't write them anything. Not at any commission. Now I've ben able to get all 3 level coverage. That certainly made me more money. Add in that I don't write GI. I refer those to MoO because I never had anything I could write that was comparable to what they could get from MoO. Since having KSKJ I've written 4 modified plans that would have been referred to MoO. That's money I would not have made. Then besides the money there's something I say all the time, or for the last couple of years anyway, I want to work with companies that make my job easier, not harder. KSKJ makes my job easier. Then there's the good will. They are a Christian fraternal. I live in the bible belt. People here really like that they are a Christian company. Still, all of that is pretty much worthless if the rates weren't like they are. I'm giving people a great value and my refferals have increased since I've added KSKJ. I've always gotten quite a bit of referrals and maybe it's just a coincidence that they are up since I started using KSKJ in July? But they are up. I was with EFES for 5 years. My top contract was 100%. I guess I struggled through years.:D I should be able to climb this gigantic mountain that some see? Maybe because it looks like a downhill run to me? ---------- That's not really facts, that's playing with numbers. on a $100/mo it's 96% true commission. You can do that stuff all day. They do not pay on the $50 policy fee. Not everyone offers 100% contracts with them. I know of one IMO that was offering 80%. They don't cut commissions on the older ages. They are looking at paying on the policy fee. I don't know what the naysayers will say then but I'm sure they will find something. But even with that negativity, he's going on their trip anyway.:yes:

Hey here is a novel idea, write what works for yourself and to heck with what anyone else thinks...if it works for you great, do it, if you think you need to add to your bag or change up seek some advice, otherwise just do it.

Actually, I have written 399 cases so far this year, and no they were not all at 120% contract. The only reason that I wrote more Gerber cases this year than others is that I wrote more business this year than most others, including you.

The example that I gave was based on the industry average case of 600AP compared to what one could get writing a 120% carrier with a commissionable policy fee. Nowhere did I state that I was making a comparison to what I actually did this year.

There you go twisting again. I don't know if you have written more business than me or not. It's probably pretty close. I do know that it took you more than twice the number of leads to write almost identical numbers.

It's actually taken you almost 3 times the number of leads.

Trinity has a $50 noncommissionable policy fee on their FU. Which is what I was talking about. And the commission on their FU is 85% not 110%

And I'm not the one twisting anything. But I see who is.

Now why would you be comparing to Fully Underwritten when we are having a Final Expense discussion? Very comical:D

Back