Settlers "Clean-App-A-"Week"

noah

Guru
1000 Post Club
Looks like they have a drawing every week for a clean app. Somebody won $600 ! That's a pretty nice incentive to get agents to turn in paper to them. So far they seem like a nice little company to work with.
BTW,follow up on direct bill :
Mailed in two gold apps with premium,both were issued less than 1 week from dropping them off at the post office using regular postage. I know it's short money,only $60 a month,but hey the way I figure it,if I can average 20 of these paying on a regular basis,that's my poker and cigar money for the month !

Looks like they have a drawing every week for a clean app. Somebody won $600 ! That's a pretty nice incentive to get agents to turn in paper to them. So far they seem like a nice little company to work with.
BTW,follow up on direct bill :
Mailed in two gold apps with premium,both were issued less than 1 week from dropping them off at the post office using regular postage. I know it's short money,only $60 a month,but hey the way I figure it,if I can average 20 of these paying on a regular basis,that's my poker and cigar money for the month !

The way they pay the balance on advanced polices will also help with that.. They advance 60% but then they pay the additional 40% each month as the premium is paid so you start getting an as earned check beginning with the first month instead of waiting until your advance has paid through.

The way they pay the balance on advanced polices will also help with that.. They advance 60% but then they pay the additional 40% each month as the premium is paid so you start getting an as earned check beginning with the first month instead of waiting until your advance has paid through.

He is talking about them paying as earned on the direct monthly payers.

They only pay their as earned business once a month. The last friday of each month.

As for that "pay thru" crap, captive companies liked to do that stuff. They keep doing it even with the broker agents.

Monumental does that. LH does that. Settlers does that. They just don't know how to deal with truly independent agents.

He is talking about them paying as earned on the direct monthly payers.

They only pay their as earned business once a month. The last friday of each month.

As for that "pay thru" crap, captive companies liked to do that stuff. They keep doing it even with the broker agents.

Monumental does that. LH does that. Settlers does that. They just don't know how to deal with truly independent agents.

What do you mean "pay through crap"? .. It is a bad thing to get $720 advance on a $100 premium (assuming 100% commission) and then receive $40 each month as the premium is paid instead of waiting until the 8th month before getting any additional payment?

I knew he was referring to the as earned payment, I was simply pointing out that with their advance system, the balance payment helps increase the monthly "beer money" payment. Gets you enough to "feel the buzz" even quicker.

Oh, and I remember when "truly" independent agents only got as earned so I guess none of today's companies know how to deal with them.

Last edited:
What do you mean "pay through crap"? .. It is a bad thing to get $720 advance on a $100 premium (assuming 100% commission) and then receive $40 each month as the premium is paid instead of waiting until the 8th month before getting any additional payment?

I knew he was referring to the as earned payment, I was simply pointing out that with their advance system, the balance payment helps increase the monthly "beer money" payment. Gets you enough to "feel the buzz" even quicker.

Oh, and I remember when "truly" independent agents only got as earned so I guess none of today's companies know how to deal with them.

Yeah, I think that's crap to pay that way.

And those companies do not know how to deal with the as earned agents either.

I'm as earned with almost every company.

Settlers and Monumental only pay the as earned agents once a month. It's like they want to force agents to take advances. If I were in charge I would reward the as earned agents.

I guess that's why I'm not in charge?

Yeah, I think that's crap to pay that way.

And those companies do not know how to deal with the as earned agents either.

I'm as earned with almost every company.

Settlers and Monumental only pay the as earned agents once a month. It's like they want to force agents to take advances. If I were in charge I would reward the as earned agents.

I guess that's why I'm not in charge?

Don't think they are going to give either of us a shot at that.. :no::laugh:

I like the way the pay is set up when it comes to the advances, especially for new agents.. The downside is you are subject to a charge back for the entire first year.

Notice the Clean App winner was Dale Boman of Meridan, Mississippi. Has Ben/Bob/Brian changed his name again?

I like the way the pay is set up when it comes to the advances, especially for new agents.. The downside is you are subject to a charge back for the entire first year.

Notice the Clean App winner was Dale Boman of Meridan, Mississippi. Has Ben/Bob/Brian changed his name again?

Dale is my brother. ....

Ohhhhh snap!!!!!!! That's ME!!!!!!!!! I won.............YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!! :cool:

----------

There are two of you? :skeptical:

Yeah, there are two of us......but I'm the better looking brother! :D

Back