Settlers Not So Express Application

No interview with FBL??

I just had one yesterday and they named off every medication. I.e "Lisinopril- what do you take that for, Simvastatin- what do you take that for." He named off every med and then again with the generic name on a few. It was brutal. The lady had a ton of meds but they all fit underwriting. The interviewer also pronounced medications incorrectly several times.

So what do you mean no interview with FBL?

Edit: just saw it was under 40. My bad.

The main problem I had with the Settlers interview was the fact that it was hard to hear the later we spoke with and the disclosures were so lengthy. One lady did not understand what they telling her and how she should reply. However, I don't know what can be done about the length of the disclosures.

One thing that might shorten would be to possibly change the program they are working with to input information. Apparently the computer had to load after almost every question they asked me. She kept saying "just a moment" after every answer..

I wrote 20 pays with Settlers.. Family Benefit does not show up on FEX quotes for their SIWL at ages 24 and 39 so I assume you are talking about their FU WL? Does it not have a Ht. an Wt. chart. At her weight most other companies were a decline.. Did talk with a couple that would rate her a table 6-8 on a FU WL.

They do not have a build chart on the FU for standard. They don't have a 20 pay but they do have a 10 pay. That probably would have been close to what settlers charged for 20 pay.

Well, one of the polices showed up as issued almost immediately. The other has not. Seems they have to process them and enter them into the system manually. You would think since they are "issuing" the policy at the time of the phone call, all that would be done automatically by the computer and the only left to be done would be for the policy to be printed and mailed. :err:

Last edited:
Settlers, like many final expense companies, is close to the mark on being a go-to final expense carrier, but falls short on a few key factors (product flexibility and the historically pain-in-the-ass phone interview process).

Settlers, like many final expense companies, is close to the mark on being a go-to final expense carrier, but falls short on a few key factors (product flexibility and the historically pain-in-the-ass phone interview process).

settlers close to the mark?? Is the mark as big as Canada?:laugh:

Know what you mean about the PIA interview but how do they come up short in product flexibility?

One thing that might shorten would be to possibly change the program they are working with to input information. Apparently the computer had to load after almost every question they asked me. She kept saying "just a moment" after every answer..

Same thing happened to me. Luckily the client was pretty cool with it and the interviewer was personable.

That did help but the process really is to slow. :mad:

settlers close to the mark?? Is the mark as big as Canada?:laugh:

Mark? Canada? My daughter's boyfriend is named Mark and is returning (they drove) Saturday from his family's annual summer trip to Canada. This kid is as country as it gets but is stopping home for a minute and then immediately driving two hours down here to Philly (which he hates like any normal PA country boy). Oh, to be a young fool in love.:goofy::swoon::laugh:

Well, one of the polices showed up as issued almost immediately. The other has not. Seems they have to process them and enter them into the system manually. You would think since they are "issuing" the policy at the time of the phone call, all that would be done automatically by the computer and the only left to be done would be for the policy to be printed and mailed. :err:

Received the issued policy today. Not bad, 6 calendar days from application to policy delivery.. :noteworthy:

However, the other policy is still not showing up on the system. Called and was told it was issued today and would be on the system this afternoon... Have no idea whether that means the commission will be paid this week. Doesn't really matter, I am not going to starve if it takes another week for the payment but I like to know when to expect it. :twitchy:

Back