Settling Appointments To "Drop Off Information Requested"

noah

Guru
1000 Post Club
Recently been ordering some E-34's and getting decent response rate. I door knock my leads with the exception of the ones I can't catch or are simply inconvenient to me.

If I am forced to contact the name on the card,often they want to be in control,set a time based on their schedule,not mine.

Most often this is a waste of time when there is no sense of urgency,the card goes in the trash or I'll sand bag it,door knock it next time I'm in the area.

What do you guys do ?

Recently been ordering some E-34's and getting decent response rate. I door knock my leads with the exception of the ones I can't catch or are simply inconvenient to me.

If I am forced to contact the name on the card,often they want to be in control,set a time based on their schedule,not mine.

Most often this is a waste of time when there is no sense of urgency,the card goes in the trash or I'll sand bag it,door knock it next time I'm in the area.

What do you guys do ?

So they want to let you in their house to talk about life insurance and you're complaining? There oughta be a law against folks putting you out like that! What to do? It's a steamroll, baby! If they let you in, do your thing- same way, every time. Who's in control now, mofo?:laugh:

What do you guys do ?

I follow a simple but effective phone script and I keep control of the conversation when setting appointments...so I don't have those problems.

I have learned that just about every agent that sets appointments is doing it horribly wrong.

Takes me 20 to 30 seconds on the phone and I set a lot. Work on your script.

I follow a simple but effective phone script and I keep control of the conversation when setting appointments...so I don't have those problems.

I have learned that just about every agent that sets appointments is doing it horribly wrong.

Takes me 20 to 30 seconds on the phone and I set a lot. Work on your script.

Well I guess it's because you have proven how effective you are by posting on the forum,simply talking on the telephone.

What suggestions do you have,please explain details Ben.

You would rather help then criticize,right ?

What do you guys do ?

You need to be trained on how to set appointments. And be willing to accept that training.

Your upline should be the first place to offer that training. They are already being paid on your work.

Noah, don't overthink this. This is just another form of in-home sales which is all about the marketing (getting in people's houses). This is where mastering a presentation would help as you would never again worry about what to do. Just get in the house and steam roll 'em with your beautifully mastered presentation. Do this in enough houses and you'll kill it!:yes:

p.s.- The presentation is your roadmap to the pot of gold. The people will want to make stops, take detours, whatever. So long as you have your map, you'll know where to get back on and which way to go. Good luck!

Well I guess it's because you have proven how effective you are by posting on the forum,simply talking on the telephone.

What suggestions do you have,please explain details Ben.

Actually my post didn't criticise....it was a completely true statement. And trust me helping you was going to be my next step, but I was going to PM you so 5,000 don't email me today asking for the script, recording. But you can hang that **** up now. You can figure it out on your own. You're up line does need to get more involved though. You seem to need a lot of help.

And as far as my training, I've openly posted REAL calls on this forum of me setting appointments.....so I do my part to help.

You're the type though that even if you had been given tips/tricks, you'd just say your way is better.

Noah, stop being a hard headed hillbilly! I shouldn't talk because I suffer from the affliction myself.:laugh: But there are two masters who responded (JD and Ben) who could really help you. In fact, if I was in your boat, I would fire my upline and move my butt over to one of their outfits today. You have been at it awhile so you have the personality. Time to get the knowledge and take it to another level!:yes:

I've not been here long, but to be fair, bboman23 has seemed to be very helpful over the years (I haven't been here long, but I have read a lot of the forum posts). I have learned a considerable amount of useful info from his posts. I didn't read his response to you as being criticizing you so much as pointing out where you need to look, i.e. your appointment setting script. That's all.

Here's my phone script, pull it apart and criticize....... I welcome it, because I try to learn from it and not get my feelings hurt.

Mary? Hey Mary, it's Kevin over at MI senior benefits calling, say, we're the folks that you sent that postcard into about the burial plans that are available now. I don't know if you remember that little green card that you'd filled out?

I don't remember:

Laugh....well Mary if it makes you feel any better, you're not alone! Laugh. It was a green postcard that read....(read the card) they always either remember or lie about it to shut you up.

I'm the local guy that gets that information out to people when they request it, and that's why I'm buggin' ya today! laugh. What I need to do, Mary, is set aside 10 minutes or so to get that over to ya. I have an opening at......bla bla

After I set the appointment with I ask if they have a pencil, and to write it down. I spell my name for them and say "Now Mary, if there's a skinny guy on your doorstep at 2 oclock tomorrow, DON'T LET HIM IN, because it ain't me! Laugh.....

Back