Sold a Lady who Lives Out of State

hardworker

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I went on an appointment and the couple who lived there didn't buy but her sister from Alabama was visiting and she bought. I am only licensed in the state of Tennessee and the sale was made in TN. Does it matter that the sister who is the owner and the insured reside in a state where I am not licensed if the sale was made in a state where I am licensed?

Last edited:
I went on an appointment and the couple who lived there didn't buy but her sister from Alabama was visiting and she bought. I am only licensed in the state of Tennessee and the sale was made in TN. Does it matter that the sister who is the owner and the insured reside in a state where I am not licensed if the sale was made in a state where I am licensed?

If the owner signed in TN, probably not a problem. Check with the particular company.

Generally speaking, on life insurance as long as they are in TN at the time of application you are OK taking the app. However, some companies have their own rules that go over and above state law and require you to be licensed in the state where the proposed insured resides.

Aci requires the person who's residency is in a particular state be on that states application and you must be licensed in that state regardless of where the application is signed.

Back