A Somber Reminder of Why What We Do is So Important:

NSRH

Guru
1000 Post Club
Funeral assistance: Growing requests

In Ohio, we called the public burial location "Potters Feild". No casket, no headstone, no dignity. Its really sad.

Not many people "go" there, but there are some that do.

Its just a reminder that even those crabby "broke" people that we have to chase sometimes really do need us to help them.

Last edited:
For anyone who remotely doubts the value of what we do, try to answer this question:

For folks that have no assets or money on hand, what tool other than life insurance can immediately provide the funding necessary to cover funeral costs?

I won't hold my breath :)

For anyone who remotely doubts the value of what we do, try to answer this question:

For folks that have no assets or money on hand, what tool other than life insurance can immediately provide the funding necessary to cover funeral costs?

I won't hold my breath :)

Actually, that question is wrong. Most assets and cash will not be readily available at the time of death if held in the deceased's name.

Basically if it isn't a joint account, you can't touch it without the death certificate. Now, I believe there is a way to set up an account so it can be used to pay for the funeral with out the death certificate, Newby may know about it.

Most people don't have a clue how difficult it can be unless the survivors have the cash, it was prepaid or there is an insurance policy that can be assigned.

Actually, that question is wrong. Most assets and cash will not be readily available at the time of death if held in the deceased's name.

Basically if it isn't a joint account, you can't touch it without the death certificate. Now, I believe there is a way to set up an account so it can be used to pay for the funeral with out the death certificate, Newby may know about it.

Most people don't have a clue how difficult it can be unless the survivors have the cash, it was prepaid or there is an insurance policy that can be assigned.

I agree with you about that. I was just merely pointing out the fact that people who don't have assets of some kind have no other option but to buy life insurance to cover end of life costs. Not to mention, there is no other financial vehicle that protects them instantly.

I agree with you about that. I was just merely pointing out the fact that people who don't have assets of some kind have no other option but to buy life insurance to cover end of life costs. Not to mention, there is no other financial vehicle that protects them instantly.

True, and I should have said it differently. Not so much that you were wrong, merely that you didn't go far enough. My apologies.

Last edited:
Check go fund me pages. So many requests to cover funeral costs and most don't even come close. Can't really ask if that's what clients want to do instead-not the most sensitive or compelling sales pitch.

My father had a military funeral, without that, we wouldn't have had a clue on how to have a "proper" funeral.

An agent that I have worked with keeps tabs on the cost of a burial plot, a casket, funeral parlor arrangements and cost if you want to be cremated and puts them in a spreadsheet. I sat in with him on a couple of appointments and some people turn kinda green when they realize that he's talking about their death. I like the thought, but have a tendancy to use a semi-real personal experience (like the "if my father didn't have...).

Have I wandered from the FE Forum into the Twilight Zone? :skeptical: Much too polite to be an FE post.. ;)

I'll get it back on track.

FEX is the best IMO. 360 sucks. EFES sucks. Didn't bowman try to recruit JD?

Telesales is the future. All you field agents have 2-4 years left before you are unable to do business because of all the telesales agents taking up your clients.

That should put us back on track for a normal FE thread discussion.

Have I wandered from the FE Forum into the Twilight Zone? :skeptical: Much too polite to be an FE post.. ;)

He is not a real FE agent. :err:

----------

I'll get it back on track.

FEX is the best IMO. 360 sucks. EFES sucks. Didn't bowman try to recruit JD?

Telesales is the future. All you field agents have 2-4 years left before you are unable to do business because of all the telesales agents taking up your clients.

That should put us back on track for a normal FE thread discussion.

Chango?

Back