Sort of New to FE Needs DM Mailer help

richcee

Hi all, Relatively new to FE. Have sold some with DM, telemarketing, avatar, cold calling etc. I want to do my own DM program. Would like any input on my DM mailer. (I have all postal permits etc. set up.)

My card includes all of these items. "Government Supplement/Final Expense, Burial Insurance Program."

"It is important that you know how to qualify for this LIFE INSURANCE BENEFIT available to you. For as little as PENNIES a day, this very AFFORDABLE benefit can pay all of your funeral expenses as well as other debts left behind. The proceeds are TAX FREE to whomever you choose to receive them. Leave a LEGACY, not a BURDEN, to your loved ones. Receive this information at NO COST or OBLIGATION!! SOCIAL SECURITY only pays $255.00 if you qualify.Complete this POSTAGE PAID card and mail. TODAY."

Name, age, age , spouse etc.

Any comments, suggestions etc. welcome.

Thanks

Way too much verbiage. Go to the websites of places like Lead Concepts and Lead Connections to see their mail designs. They've done all the research and leg work for you. If you want to maximize returns, look at the ones that DON'T MENTION LIFE INSURANCE. Good luck!:)

Hi all, Relatively new to FE. Have sold some with DM, telemarketing, avatar, cold calling etc. I want to do my own DM program. Would like any input on my DM mailer. (I have all postal permits etc. set up.)

My card includes all of these items. "Government Supplement/Final Expense, Burial Insurance Program."

"It is important that you know how to qualify for this LIFE INSURANCE BENEFIT available to you. For as little as PENNIES a day, this very AFFORDABLE benefit can pay all of your funeral expenses as well as other debts left behind. The proceeds are TAX FREE to whomever you choose to receive them. Leave a LEGACY, not a BURDEN, to your loved ones. Receive this information at NO COST or OBLIGATION!! SOCIAL SECURITY only pays $255.00 if you qualify.Complete this POSTAGE PAID card and mail. TODAY."

Thanks

You are saying way too much on the card...it will get a horrible return rate. Just use tried true mail pieces.

What state are you in?

Thanks

I've seen many agents who try to do their own mailings, using the very same card that the lead companies use and they still don't get the same returns. I'm not sure why it turns out that way, but it seems to be that it does.

I've also seen agents who try to create their own mailer and fail miserably. Of the agents who were successful at doing this, seems like it took them years to get it perfected.

Just use a lead company and be done with it. Let those professionals do what they do and you go and sell insurance, which is what you do.

I've seen many agents who try to do their own mailings, using the very same card that the lead companies use and they still don't get the same returns. I'm not sure why it turns out that way, but it seems to be that it does.

I've also seen agents who try to create their own mailer and fail miserably. Of the agents who were successful at doing this, seems like it took them years to get it perfected.

Just use a lead company and be done with it. Let those professionals do what they do and you go and sell insurance, which is what you do.

It's not about the card. It's about the data.

It's not about the card. It's about the data.

Data is very important but your statement isn't entirely true, otherwise the cards that say "Life Insurance" on them would have the same returns as the ones that don't.

I will agree though, most of the agents trying to do it themselves probably don't have or use the same "good" data that the lead companies use. So I would think it is a huge factor and may very well be the the most important factor as to why they don't get the same returns. Thanks for pointing that out.

Data is very important but your statement isn't entirely true, otherwise the cards that say "Life Insurance" on them would have the same returns as the ones that don't.

I will agree though, most of the agents trying to do it themselves probably don't have or use the same "good" data that the lead companies use. So I would think it is a huge factor and may very well be the the most important factor as to why they don't get the same returns. Thanks for pointing that out.

My statement was to what you said about agents sending the same card and not getting the same results.

For mailings chose a local mailing company to send out your mailer of choice. Generally 5,000 or more will save you any setup fee. You will need your own business reply permit to get your returns or you can use GPM's if your contracted with them. For the data acculeads.com give them a call and let them setup your account for better pricing. Never let a mailer or anyone else handle your return mail.

For mailings chose a local mailing company to send out your mailer of choice. Generally 5,000 or more will save you any setup fee. You will need your own business reply permit to get your returns or you can use GPM's if your contracted with them. For the data acculeads.com give them a call and let them setup your account for better pricing. Never let a mailer or anyone else handle your return mail.

Nice avatar!

MzCs0Pvfls5xu.gif

Back