Standard Life Decline After Approved Phone Interview

Speck

Guru
100+ Post Club
Anyone else experience this? This was my first ever decline with any of the POS companies that I represent after getting them approved over the phone! Now I have had a couple of times where Trinity/FB has told me that a further review would be needed, so I know on those that it's a crapshoot. The reason for this decline they said was due to a combination of medications on the drug check. My question is, why wasn't the decline issued over the phone like it should have been so you could offer the client another option? This client was a very healthy looking 69-year-old still working female who was taking synthroid, Ramipril for BP, and metformin for borderline diabetes. Of course there could have been something she either didn't or forgot to tell me about as well, but she had just been approved 8 months or so ago for a $35,000 whole life policy with another company and showed me the policy.

Anyone else experience this? This was my first ever decline with any of the POS companies that I represent after getting them approved over the phone! Now I have had a couple of times where Trinity/FB has told me that a further review would be needed, so I know on those that it's a crapshoot. The reason for this decline they said was due to a combination of medications on the drug check. My question is, why wasn't the decline issued over the phone like it should have been so you could offer the client another option? This client was a very healthy looking 69-year-old still working female who was taking synthroid, Ramipril for BP, and metformin for borderline diabetes. Of course there could have been something she either didn't or forgot to tell me about as well, but she had just been approved 8 months or so ago for a $35,000 whole life policy with another company and showed me the policy.

Once they start taking a diabetes medicine you might as well call them diabetic.

I had an agent last week get APPROVED for Standard Life and Casualty. He went ahead and Reduced Paid Up the clients MOO POLICY. Then a week later, Slac declined it due to health.

Yeah, I get a kick out of people saying that they take Metformin to keep from getting diabetes.:laugh:

One of my Karate partners is a doctor in Mississippi. He did tell me that Metformin can easily help someone lose around 30 pounds. He said that is about the max amount it helps them lose. He told me he has prescribed it for weight loss. It was about 1 week after he told me that I ran into a lady that told me she had Metformin for weight loss but doesn't have to take it anymore. When I asked her why, she said because she lost 30 pounds and the doctor told her that it wouldn't benefit her past 30 pounds....

One of my Karate partners is a doctor in Mississippi. He did tell me that Metformin can easily help someone lose around 30 pounds. He said that is about the max amount it helps them lose. He told me he has prescribed it for weight loss. It was about 1 week after he told me that I ran into a lady that told me she had Metformin for weight loss but doesn't have to take it anymore. When I asked her why, she said because she lost 30 pounds and the doctor told her that it wouldn't benefit her past 30 pounds....

I was just reading that about Metformin last week. I never knew it could be used for weight loss. Maybe I can get my Doctor to prescribe ne some to get rid of my gut...I am pre-diabetic.:)

I hate that term, "Pre-diabetic". Either you are diabetic or you're not.

If I'm wrong about this, then we're all "pre-dead"! :swoon:

I hate that term, "Pre-diabetic". Either you are diabetic or you're not.

If I'm wrong about this, then we're all "pre-dead"! :swoon:

I was told by my Doctor that I'm pre-diabetic, but I don't have diabetes. I asked him if I applied for insurance and they ask on the app if I have diabetes...what do I say. He said to say no, I don't have diabetes.

It really is a condition, so I guess we're all pre-dead. LOL

Prediabetes - Mayo Clinic

Back