Starting in Final Expense

Yeah, they are okay but not my first choice.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
And yes, Foresters is a much more friendly company to write for.

Foresters is superior is a few ways.

One, they have name recognition.

Two, they have great prices for smokers and non smokers (RNA is not good for smokers).

Three, they have a reasonable modified plan and RNA does not have a modified plan at all.

Four, Foresters does all their underwriting when you are with the client. Once you hang up the phone and the customer has done the phone interview, you are told whether they are approved or declined. No further underwriting.

Five, Foresters always answers the phone and they are happy to give you quotes and get you a live underwriter on the phone. This is only true sometimes with RNA. You usually have to leave a message to be called back and they make it clear that they don't want to give you quotes on the phone. They alway ask if you have the quoting software with you.

Six, Foresters has a non med term that makes an easy sale when a customer wants 50k or more but can't afford an FE. The term comes with a convertible rider. RNA only has a fully underwritten term that requires 100k minimum and a paramed. Plus it takes over a month to get approved (which, by the way, isn't so bad if you are writing larger policies. RNA does have a great term price).

And so on....

Last edited:
Anyone have a good FE company besides RNA that pays right away like them so I don't have to wait for draft date?

No, I didnt learn that form Combined. It was penn life. You point down behind their feet. I forgot to mention the direction. I need a good FMO for Final Expense. I hate looking for the best product. Others have said Oxford was about the cheapest. I just need one for great rates and one for great rates with a graded benefit. I don't care for the gauranteed issue products.

That's hilarious. I was trained by Penn Life 5 years ago in Florida and like you guys said we got trained to cold call. I never liked the aggressive approach but I did try the "shuffle" twice and it worked both times. If someone did that to me I'd be pissed. What worked for me was the "tap the watch and say I dont have time right now but....." after telling them why I was there. People will make appointments with you just to get rid of you temporarily. Then you will get some appointment cancellations but some will stick.

I think Colorado Bankers Life does this.

Yep, Col. Bankers pays at issue. So does American Amicable.
Or Occidental (Same company as American Amicable) -- BTW: they take credit cards now. Not my favorite company but I would use them for my credit card customers rather than Lincoln Heritage. They are much more competitive in their price.

Last edited:
I wrote 3 RNA's last tues. and was paid on them on Fri.. I wrote 2 on Thurs. and was paid on them on Mon. I wrote 2 on Tues of this week and was paid on them today.

They are the easiest company to deal with that I have and I have about 20 FE companies to use. Plus, they have the best rates and their member benefits are untouchable.

What company would think is better? Foresters? Surely you wouldn't try to put lipstick on that pig.

If you are going to offer your clients the best value for thier money, you can't not have RNA available.

Jd what are the companies that you use for your FE? If you do not mind sharing. I am in Missouri and starting to study this product.

Jd what are the companies that you use for your FE? If you do not mind sharing. I am in Missouri and starting to study this product.

RNA is my "go to" company. I also use AmAm, Americo, UHL.
I occasionally use 5 Star, but, they have recently undergone major changes and I don't know yet how that's going to shake out.

I am taking another look at Foresters. I only wrote their term before and they were quite difficult. They are supposedly different on their FE. I find that hard to believe, but, I'm trying to keep an open mind about it.

Still, RNA will remain my choice. Their rates are hard to beat for all but older male smokers and their member benefits are unsurpassed.

RNA is my "go to" company. I also use AmAm, Americo, UHL.
I occasionally use 5 Star, but, they have recently undergone major changes and I don't know yet how that's going to shake out.

I am taking another look at Foresters. I only wrote their term before and they were quite difficult. They are supposedly different on their FE. I find that hard to believe, but, I'm trying to keep an open mind about it.

Still, RNA will remain my choice. Their rates are hard to beat for all but older male smokers and their member benefits are unsurpassed.
Foresters FE is about as smooth as smooth gets. You will love them, guaranteed! I have recently started giving Foresters first shot at ALL my Final Expense.

Complete the app, call in the interview (I never hold more than 60 seconds) and fax it in. You recieve confirmation within 24 hours and issue within 48.

Issued by Tuesday, paid on Friday. They also now offer daily pay if your IMO approves it.

Last edited:
I too am thinking about starting in FE and am a newbie to ins sales. I have been contacted by LHLIC. anyone know of other companies selling in Oregon? Thanks
Another question. How does one get contracted by more than one company?

Last edited:
Back